be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.

- Has anyone successfully built a Windows frontend using a recent mythtv
version?
Are there any pre-builds available?
Failing that, are there any updated build instructions?

I like the idea of watching mythtv from my Windows laptop...

Best,
Jeff
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 00:57:00 -0400, you wrote:

>I am looking to find and/or build a Windows mythtv frontend for ver
>29.1.
>
>In looking at the wiki
>(https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows), there doesn't seem to
>be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.
>
>- Has anyone successfully built a Windows frontend using a recent mythtv
> version?
>Are there any pre-builds available?
>Failing that, are there any updated build instructions?
>
>I like the idea of watching mythtv from my Windows laptop...
>
>Best,
>Jeff

These days, laptops are getting pretty powerful. So you could
consider using mythfrontend in a virtual machine on a Windows laptop -
it may well work well enough now. And you can always dual boot - that
is what I do, so I have Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 both on the same
SSD drive. Booting 18.04 is very fast now from an SSD as systemd was
optimised for quick booting and the extra parallelism that a good SSD
allows. And both Windows and Ubuntu can now access each other's
partitions - it is easier from Linux as ntfs3g is very good now, but
you can use the Paragon drivers from Windows to use EXT partitions.
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
Stephen Worthington wrote at about 21:13:13 +1200 on Sunday, April 28, 2019:
> On Sun, 28 Apr 2019 00:57:00 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >I am looking to find and/or build a Windows mythtv frontend for ver
> >29.1.
> >
> >In looking at the wiki
> >(https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows), there doesn't seem to
> >be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.
> >
> >- Has anyone successfully built a Windows frontend using a recent mythtv
> > version?
> >Are there any pre-builds available?
> >Failing that, are there any updated build instructions?
> >
> >I like the idea of watching mythtv from my Windows laptop...
> >
> >Best,
> >Jeff
>
> These days, laptops are getting pretty powerful. So you could
> consider using mythfrontend in a virtual machine on a Windows laptop -
> it may well work well enough now. And you can always dual boot - that
> is what I do, so I have Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 both on the same
> SSD drive. Booting 18.04 is very fast now from an SSD as systemd was
> optimised for quick booting and the extra parallelism that a good SSD
> allows. And both Windows and Ubuntu can now access each other's
> partitions - it is easier from Linux as ntfs3g is very good now, but
> you can use the Paragon drivers from Windows to use EXT partitions.

Thanks Stephen.
The challenge is I use a locked-down work computer that doesn't let me
multi-boot, but I can run .exe's.
So would love just to compile mythfrontend for windows...
- Has anybody done it successfully recently?
- Has anything changed in mythtv that would make the old process no
longer work?

A bit surprised that I am the only one trying this as mythfrontend is
so good on laptops...
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On 4/28/19 9:34 AM, mythtv@kosowsky.org wrote:
> Thanks Stephen.
> The challenge is I use a locked-down work computer that doesn't let me
> multi-boot, but I can run .exe's.
> So would love just to compile mythfrontend for windows...
> - Has anybody done it successfully recently?
> - Has anything changed in mythtv that would make the old process no
> longer work?
>
> A bit surprised that I am the only one trying this as mythfrontend is
> so good on laptops...
It is a long time since anybody worked on the windows port. Several
years worth of changes have not been tested on Windows. So that is not
hopeful unless a developer does some work.

Latest Windows version has a Linux download in the windows store that
downloads a package to run Linux programs in Windows. However last time
I checked, it was only for command line Linux programs. Hopefully at
some point a graphics driver will be added so that you can run Linux
graphical programs under Windows.

Locked-down work computer - can you boot off a USB drive? Sometimes
pressing F12 during power on lets you choose the boot device. You may be
able to plug in an external hard drive and run Linux.
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
Peter Bennett wrote at about 10:19:11 -0400 on Sunday, April 28, 2019:

> On 4/28/19 9:34 AM, mythtv@kosowsky.org wrote:
> > Thanks Stephen.
> > The challenge is I use a locked-down work computer that doesn't let me
> > multi-boot, but I can run .exe's.
> > So would love just to compile mythfrontend for windows...
> > - Has anybody done it successfully recently?
> > - Has anything changed in mythtv that would make the old process no
> > longer work?
> >
> > A bit surprised that I am the only one trying this as mythfrontend is
> > so good on laptops...
> It is a long time since anybody worked on the windows port. Several
> years worth of changes have not been tested on Windows. So that is not
> hopeful unless a developer does some work.
>
> Latest Windows version has a Linux download in the windows store that
> downloads a package to run Linux programs in Windows. However last time
> I checked, it was only for command line Linux programs. Hopefully at
> some point a graphics driver will be added so that you can run Linux
> graphical programs under Windows.
>
> Locked-down work computer - can you boot off a USB drive? Sometimes
> pressing F12 during power on lets you choose the boot device. You may be
> able to plug in an external hard drive and run Linux.

No, unfortunately they lock the USB drives too :(

I was however able to run Ubuntu under VirtualBox.
This allowed me to at least get mythfrontend running which let me do
some admin functions *but* it is too slow to get smooth video and
sound.

It's a shame that there seemingly has not been enough demand to
justify maintaining the Windows port as I found it quite good -- even
back 8+ years ago!
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 12:57 AM <mythtv@kosowsky.org> wrote:

> I am looking to find and/or build a Windows mythtv frontend for ver
> 29.1.
>
> In looking at the wiki
> (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows), there doesn't seem to
> be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.
>
> - Has anyone successfully built a Windows frontend using a recent mythtv
> version?
> Are there any pre-builds available?
> Failing that, are there any updated build instructions?
>
> I like the idea of watching mythtv from my Windows laptop...
>
> Best,
> Jeff

A few years ago dblain made a powershell script and a wiki page for
compiling using Visual Studio. I was able to successfully compile
everything using master and the 2019 Community version (the free one) of
Visual Studio.

The web page is here:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows_using_Visual_Studio It talks
about QT with versions of Visual Studio newer than 2010 not working because
QT doesn't have 32-bit OpenGL support for newer versions of Studio. It
also says 64 bit builds cannot be done because of lack of support for
inline assembly in Studio. However, I was able to compile a 64-bit version
without compile issues, so perhaps the myth source has conditionals for
that now. Compiling a 64-bit app gets around the QT issue I assume.

I had to do a few small fixups to get a good compile:
- the tool set and platform had to be updated to 142 and 10 for a few
.vcxproj project files (expat, exiv2, and libzmq)
- there were a dozen .pro files that needed QT += widgets in them. There
was conditional code in them that was not adding them. Not sure why

I was using QT 5.13.0.

I ran mythtv\mythtv\configure.ps1 OutputType sln
This generated a solution file that I could then load in Studio and compile.

Big disclaimer: I only claim to have built everything without compile or
link errors. I did not test for a successful run, as I'm not setup for
that right now. If you want my git diff output, let me know.

-Jerry
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 04:05, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 12:57 AM <mythtv@kosowsky.org> wrote:
>
>> I am looking to find and/or build a Windows mythtv frontend for ver
>> 29.1.
>>
>> In looking at the wiki
>> (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows), there doesn't seem to
>> be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.
>>
>> - Has anyone successfully built a Windows frontend using a recent mythtv
>> version?
>> Are there any pre-builds available?
>> Failing that, are there any updated build instructions?
>>
>> I like the idea of watching mythtv from my Windows laptop...
>>
>> Best,
>> Jeff
>>

> A few years ago dblain made a powershell script and a wiki page for
> compiling using Visual Studio. I was able to successfully compile
> everything using master and the 2019 Community version (the free one) of
> Visual Studio.
>
> The web page is here:
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows_using_Visual_Studio It
> talks about QT with versions of Visual Studio newer than 2010 not working
> because QT doesn't have 32-bit OpenGL support for newer versions of
> Studio. It also says 64 bit builds cannot be done because of lack of
> support for inline assembly in Studio. However, I was able to compile a
> 64-bit version without compile issues, so perhaps the myth source has
> conditionals for that now. Compiling a 64-bit app gets around the QT issue
> I assume.
>
> I had to do a few small fixups to get a good compile:
> - the tool set and platform had to be updated to 142 and 10 for a few
> .vcxproj project files (expat, exiv2, and libzmq)
> - there were a dozen .pro files that needed QT += widgets in them. There
> was conditional code in them that was not adding them. Not sure why
>
> I was using QT 5.13.0.
>
> I ran mythtv\mythtv\configure.ps1 OutputType sln
> This generated a solution file that I could then load in Studio and
> compile.
>
> Big disclaimer: I only claim to have built everything without compile or
> link errors. I did not test for a successful run, as I'm not setup for
> that right now. If you want my git diff output, let me know.
>
> -Jerry

Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test, although
I'm still running version 29

Also which version did you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?

also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a link
to your fork atleast

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 6:35 PM Anthony Giggins <seven@seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 04:05, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 12:57 AM <mythtv@kosowsky.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I am looking to find and/or build a Windows mythtv frontend for ver
>>> 29.1.
>>>
>>> In looking at the wiki
>>> (https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows), there doesn't seem to
>>> be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.
>>>
>>> - Has anyone successfully built a Windows frontend using a recent mythtv
>>> version?
>>> Are there any pre-builds available?
>>> Failing that, are there any updated build instructions?
>>>
>>> I like the idea of watching mythtv from my Windows laptop...
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Jeff
>>>

>> A few years ago dblain made a powershell script and a wiki page for
>> compiling using Visual Studio. I was able to successfully compile
>> everything using master and the 2019 Community version (the free one) of
>> Visual Studio.
>>
>> The web page is here:
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows_using_Visual_Studio It
>> talks about QT with versions of Visual Studio newer than 2010 not working
>> because QT doesn't have 32-bit OpenGL support for newer versions of
>> Studio. It also says 64 bit builds cannot be done because of lack of
>> support for inline assembly in Studio. However, I was able to compile a
>> 64-bit version without compile issues, so perhaps the myth source has
>> conditionals for that now. Compiling a 64-bit app gets around the QT issue
>> I assume.
>>
>> I had to do a few small fixups to get a good compile:
>> - the tool set and platform had to be updated to 142 and 10 for a few
>> .vcxproj project files (expat, exiv2, and libzmq)
>> - there were a dozen .pro files that needed QT += widgets in them. There
>> was conditional code in them that was not adding them. Not sure why
>>
>> I was using QT 5.13.0.
>>
>> I ran mythtv\mythtv\configure.ps1 OutputType sln
>> This generated a solution file that I could then load in Studio and
>> compile.
>>
>> Big disclaimer: I only claim to have built everything without compile or
>> link errors. I did not test for a successful run, as I'm not setup for
>> that right now. If you want my git diff output, let me know.
>>
>> -Jerry
>>

> Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test, although
> I'm still running version 29
>
> Also which version did you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?
>
> also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a
> link to your fork atleast
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

I'd be happy to share binaries. I built against master, but I could switch
to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.

I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my .pro
file changes without really understanding why they weren't working as they
were. Why didn't the following include widgets? I had to move the widgets
line outside the condition for the code to compile.

contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
QT += widgets
}

Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.

Thanks,
Jerry
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
Jerry Rubinow wrote at about 01:13:15 -0400 on Monday, July 22, 2019:
> On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 6:35 PM Anthony Giggins <seven@seven.dorksville.net>
> wrote:

> >> A few years ago dblain made a powershell script and a wiki page for
> >> compiling using Visual Studio. I was able to successfully compile
> >> everything using master and the 2019 Community version (the free one) of
> >> Visual Studio.
> >>
> >> The web page is here:
> >> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows_using_Visual_Studio It
> >> talks about QT with versions of Visual Studio newer than 2010 not working
> >> because QT doesn't have 32-bit OpenGL support for newer versions of
> >> Studio. It also says 64 bit builds cannot be done because of lack of
> >> support for inline assembly in Studio. However, I was able to compile a
> >> 64-bit version without compile issues, so perhaps the myth source has
> >> conditionals for that now. Compiling a 64-bit app gets around the QT issue
> >> I assume.
> >>
> >> I had to do a few small fixups to get a good compile:
> >> - the tool set and platform had to be updated to 142 and 10 for a few
> >> .vcxproj project files (expat, exiv2, and libzmq)
> >> - there were a dozen .pro files that needed QT += widgets in them. There
> >> was conditional code in them that was not adding them. Not sure why
> >>
> >> I was using QT 5.13.0.
> >>
> >> I ran mythtv\mythtv\configure.ps1 OutputType sln
> >> This generated a solution file that I could then load in Studio and
> >> compile.
> >>
> >> Big disclaimer: I only claim to have built everything without compile or
> >> link errors. I did not test for a successful run, as I'm not setup for
> >> that right now. If you want my git diff output, let me know.
> >>
> >> -Jerry
> >>

> > Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test, although
> > I'm still running version 29
> >
> > Also which version did you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?
> >
> > also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a
> > link to your fork atleast
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Anthony
> >

> I'd be happy to share binaries. I built against master, but I could switch
> to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.
>
> I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my .pro
> file changes without really understanding why they weren't working as they
> were. Why didn't the following include widgets? I had to move the widgets
> line outside the condition for the code to compile.
>
> contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
> QT += widgets
> }
>
> Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry

Thanks!
Would be really great to have it all merged in so that we can build on
your effort and not recreate the wheel.

I am surprised that there is not more of a demand for a Windows
version -- I would think there would be many people out there like
myself that have a Linux server but still have Windows laptops... and
it's great to watch the video directly on MythTV over Windows rather
than having to download the video to my laptop and run mplayer...
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]

to > >>> be anything updated since circa 2013 and ver 23.

Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]

> >I am surprised that there is not more of a demand for a Windows version --
> I would think there would be many people out there like myself that have a
> Linux server but still have Windows >laptops... and it's great to watch the
> video directly on MythTV over Windows rather than having to download the
> video to my laptop and run mplayer...

On my 0.29 MythTV setup, if I go to Mythweb > Recorded Programs and click
the "ASX Stream" icon against one of them it downloads an ASX file to my PC
which takes approx 2 seconds. When I open that ASX file VLC opens to stream
the recording to my PC. So you don't have to download the whole video.
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On 22/07/2019 10:22, Phill Edwards wrote:

> On my 0.29 MythTV setup, if I go to Mythweb > Recorded Programs and
> click the "ASX Stream" icon against one of them it downloads an ASX file
> to my PC which takes approx 2 seconds. When I open that ASX file VLC
> opens to stream the recording to my PC. So you don't have to download
> the whole video.

That's news to me. I'm not in a position to try it now, but could it be
a solution to Janusz's problem with MythTV and his Oculus Pro?

John P

Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jul 22 2019 at 10:56 +01, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 22/07/2019 10:22, Phill Edwards wrote:
>
>> On my 0.29 MythTV setup, if I go to Mythweb > Recorded Programs and
>> click the "ASX Stream" icon against one of them it downloads an ASX
>> file to my PC which takes approx 2 seconds. When I open that ASX
>> file VLC opens to stream the recording to my PC. So you don't have
>> to download the whole video.
>
> That's news to me. I'm not in a position to try it now, but could it
> be a solution to Janusz's problem with MythTV and his Oculus Pro?

I understand this option is available in the deprecated (?) Mythweb, but
in the WebFrontend you can select Recordings > Watch and then you have 3
options "Play in Browser", "XSPF/M3U8/ASX" and "Download". I remembered
"Play in Browser" option (which doesn't work for me), but forgot about
the other two - thanks for reminding. I will test their usefulness for
my purpose.

BTW, I don't know how difficult it is but the best way to maintain the
Windows version is IMHO crosscompilation.

You can have a look at

https://bitbucket.org/mrudolf/djview-poliqarp/src/d1fed97a5d2c05d150875f12c99cb545c3476d58/Windows-cross-compile.md

as an example. I used it without problems on several occasions but never
tried to undestand how it actually works, so I have no idea whether it
is adaptable to any other purpose.

Best regards

Janusz

--
,
Janusz S. Bien
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 15:14, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 6:35 PM Anthony Giggins <
> seven@seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>>> A few years ago dblain made a powershell script and a wiki page for
>>> compiling using Visual Studio. I was able to successfully compile
>>> everything using master and the 2019 Community version (the free one) of
>>> Visual Studio.
>>>
>>> The web page is here:
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows_using_Visual_Studio It
>>> talks about QT with versions of Visual Studio newer than 2010 not working
>>> because QT doesn't have 32-bit OpenGL support for newer versions of
>>> Studio. It also says 64 bit builds cannot be done because of lack of
>>> support for inline assembly in Studio. However, I was able to compile a
>>> 64-bit version without compile issues, so perhaps the myth source has
>>> conditionals for that now. Compiling a 64-bit app gets around the QT issue
>>> I assume.
>>>
>>> I had to do a few small fixups to get a good compile:
>>> - the tool set and platform had to be updated to 142 and 10 for a few
>>> .vcxproj project files (expat, exiv2, and libzmq)
>>> - there were a dozen .pro files that needed QT += widgets in them.
>>> There was conditional code in them that was not adding them. Not sure why
>>>
>>> I was using QT 5.13.0.
>>>
>>> I ran mythtv\mythtv\configure.ps1 OutputType sln
>>> This generated a solution file that I could then load in Studio and
>>> compile.
>>>
>>> Big disclaimer: I only claim to have built everything without compile or
>>> link errors. I did not test for a successful run, as I'm not setup for
>>> that right now. If you want my git diff output, let me know.
>>>
>>> -Jerry
>>>

>> Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test, although
>> I'm still running version 29
>>
>> Also which version did you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?
>>
>> also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a
>> link to your fork atleast
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony
>>

> I'd be happy to share binaries. I built against master, but I could
> switch to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.
>
> I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my .pro
> file changes without really understanding why they weren't working as they
> were. Why didn't the following include widgets? I had to move the widgets
> line outside the condition for the code to compile.
>
> contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
> QT += widgets
> }
>
> Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry

Thanks Jerry,

29-fixes binaries would be awesome, however if that's not possible perhaps
30-fixes I can always upgrade.

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM Anthony Giggins <seven@seven.dorksville.net>
wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 15:14, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 6:35 PM Anthony Giggins <
>> seven@seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

>>> Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test,
>>> although I'm still running version 29
>>>
>>> Also which version did you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?
>>>
>>> also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a
>>> link to your fork atleast
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>

>> I'd be happy to share binaries. I built against master, but I could
>> switch to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.
>>
>> I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my .pro
>> file changes without really understanding why they weren't working as they
>> were. Why didn't the following include widgets? I had to move the widgets
>> line outside the condition for the code to compile.
>>
>> contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
>> QT += widgets
>> }
>>
>> Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jerry
>>

> Thanks Jerry,
>
> 29-fixes binaries would be awesome, however if that's not possible perhaps
> 30-fixes I can always upgrade.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony

I should have some binaries and a halfway decent set of changes for a pull
request before the end of the week. I will try to create binaries for 29
and 30.

Any suggestions on where to host them?

Jerry
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 at 14:35, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM Anthony Giggins <
> seven@seven.dorksville.net> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 22 Jul 2019 at 15:14, Jerry Rubinow <jerrymr@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I'd be happy to share binaries. I built against master, but I could
>>> switch to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.
>>>
>>> I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my
>>> .pro file changes without really understanding why they weren't working as
>>> they were. Why didn't the following include widgets? I had to move the
>>> widgets line outside the condition for the code to compile.
>>>
>>> contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
>>> QT += widgets
>>> }
>>>
>>> Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jerry
>>>

>> Thanks Jerry,
>>
>> 29-fixes binaries would be awesome, however if that's not possible
>> perhaps 30-fixes I can always upgrade.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anthony
>>

> I should have some binaries and a halfway decent set of changes for a pull
> request before the end of the week. I will try to create binaries for 29
> and 30.
>
> Any suggestions on where to host them?
>
> Jerry

How about github?

Many project distribute Binaries and Installers there.

Cheers,

Anthony
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
Le 24.07.19 à 06:34, Jerry Rubinow a écrit :

> I should have some binaries and a halfway decent set of changes for a
> pull request before the end of the week.  I will try to create binaries
> for 29 and 30.
>
> Any suggestions on where to host them?

I have a hosting package that I barely use (most of all to handle my
mail domain).

Contact me off list if you are interested.
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
On 7/24/19 12:34 AM, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
> [...]
>
> I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I
> made my .pro file changes without really understanding why
> they weren't working as they were.  Why didn't the following
> include widgets?  I had to move the widgets line outside the
> condition for the code to compile.
>
> contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
> QT += widgets
> }
>
> Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.
>
> Thanks,
> Jerry
>

> Thanks Jerry,
>
> 29-fixes binaries would be awesome, however if that's not possible
> perhaps 30-fixes I can always upgrade.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Anthony
>

> I should have some binaries and a halfway decent set of changes for a
> pull request before the end of the week.  I will try to create

Hi Jerry

I am using bintray.com to host Raspberry pi and android builds. You can
create a free account there or I can create an organization on bintray
for MythTV so that the raspberry pi, android and windows builds are all
hosted together.  Let me know if you want to try that.

Peter
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
Hi,

>> On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:03 PM Anthony Giggins <
>> seven@seven.dorksville.net> wrote:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows), there doesn't seem

of

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Windows_using_Visual_Studio It

>>> Thanks Jerry,
>>>
>>> 29-fixes binaries would be awesome, however if that's not possible
>>> perhaps 30-fixes I can always upgrade.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Anthony
>>>

>> I should have some binaries and a halfway decent set of changes for a
pull
>> request before the end of the week. I will try to create binaries for 29
>> and 30.
>>
>> Any suggestions on where to host them?
>>
>> Jerry
>>

>How about github?
>
>Many project distribute Binaries and Installers there.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Anthony

Hi,

I can't see any more emails about these Win32 frontend builds, are they
available as that would be really great ?

Cheers Tony
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
mythtv@kosowsky.org wrote at about 02:43:38 -0400 on Monday, July 22, 2019:
> Jerry Rubinow wrote at about 01:13:15 -0400 on Monday, July 22, 2019:
> > On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 6:35 PM Anthony Giggins <seven@seven.dorksville.net>
> > wrote:

> > > Did you have any binaries you'd like to share, I'd happily test, although
> > > I'm still running version 29
> > >
> > > Also which version did you compile? 29-fixes, 30-fixes or master?
> > >
> > > also why not submit a pull request to merge your changes back in? or a
> > > link to your fork atleast
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Anthony
> > >

> > I'd be happy to share binaries. I built against master, but I could switch
> > to a different branch if that would be more helpful. Let me know.
> >
> > I would like to get the changes I made merged back in, but I made my .pro
> > file changes without really understanding why they weren't working as they
> > were. Why didn't the following include widgets? I had to move the widgets
> > line outside the condition for the code to compile.
> >
> > contains(QT_VERSION, ^5\\.[0-9]\\..*) {
> > QT += widgets
> > }
> >
> > Anyway, once I get that sorted I'll make a pull request.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jerry
>
> Thanks!
> Would be really great to have it all merged in so that we can build on
> your effort and not recreate the wheel.

Jerry, were you ever able to post and share the Windows binaries for
MythTV?
Thanks
Re: Status of Win32 builds for MythTV [ In reply to ]
Hi Jerry,
About 18 months ago, you referenced a Windows version of mythtv that
you had compiled.

I am currently using mythtv 31 and was wondering whether you could
share access to any relevant binaries or even build scripts (if easy
enough to follow - note I don't have a build environment for Windows,
so my capabilities are limited).

Would love to get the frontend at least working on Windows if
possible.

Thanks,
Jeff