Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
> You also get the message about there being nothing to add if you are
> running mythfilldatabase shortly after a previous run and there are
> only a few new programmes added. I am not sure how many new
> programmes are needed for you to not get that message. But if you are
> testing your EPG setup, you will get that message all the time due to
> running it multiple times in succession without time for the source
> database to have any (or many) new programmes added.
So after the latest changes, my Schedules Direct database got updated at
2am automatically without errors using the XMLTV method.

What I have learned is this:
1.  The wiki is pretty close to right on setting up and using XMLTV,
(https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV)
2.  The Ubuntu respositories are not up to date for xmltv so get xmltv
from (https://github.com/XMLTV/xmltv) which includes
tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite.
3.  If you use XMLTV from the Ubuntu 16.04 repositories you get 0.5.67
and that doesn't have tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite so if you're sticking
with 0.5.67 you need to get tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite from
(https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite)
4.  The dependences for tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite are at minimum:
    libfile-which-perl
    libfile-homedir-perl
    libdatetime-format-sqlite-perl
    libdbd-sqlite2-perl
    liblwp-useragent-determined-perl
5. The way the instructions are on the wiki you will need to do them as
the same user that mythbackend runs under so xmltv grabber can find the
config files and sqlite database for the schedules.  In my case, 'mythtv'.
6. It's nice to have 21 days of schedules and the network logos are a
nice touch.

Another successful conclusion to a project thanks to the folks on this
mailing list.

Jim A

Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
Out of curiosity, will the built-in mythtv schedule puller at some point
be updated to use the newer format and avail of the increased lead-time
data? Or is the internal one deprecated and moving to the external
grabber is the recommended and only way to do so?

Thanks...

Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson@acm.org> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, will the built-in mythtv schedule puller at some point
> be updated to use the newer format and avail of the increased lead-time
> data?

(I created the Schedules Direct JSON API and a proof-of-concept
grabber which side-loaded data into the MythTV table without using
mythfilldatabase)

Our JSON service has a lot more than just 13+ days of schedule data
(which varies by country); there's additional information in the
programs and schedules that doesn't have an equivalent in XML, so
isn't used.

This is what "Raiders of the Lost Ark" looks like on the JSON service.
A lot of metadata is already included in the program, like cover art,
cast photos, etc, and it comes from Gracenote instead of "title
matching" via ttvdb, so no chance that a namespace collision gives you
porn as your cover art.

{
"programID": "MV000158920000",
"titles": [{
"title120": "Raiders of the Lost Ark"
}],
"descriptions": {
"description100": [{
"descriptionLanguage": "en",
"description": "Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford) braves snakes and
Nazis to find the biblical ark of the covenant."
}],
"description1000": [{
"descriptionLanguage": "en",
"description": "Renowned archeologist and expert in the occult,
Dr. Indiana Jones, is hired by the U.S. Government to find the Ark of
the Covenant, which is believed to still hold the ten commandments.
Unfortunately, agents of Hitler are also after the Ark. Indy, and his
ex-flame Marion, escape from various close scrapes in a quest that
takes them from Nepal to Cairo."
}]
},
"genres": ["Adventure", "Action"],
"officialURL": "http:\/\/www.indianajones.com\/",
"keyWords": {
"Mood": ["Thrilling", "Engaging", "Charming"],
"Time Period": ["1930s"],
"Theme": ["Escape", "Adventure", "Pursuit", "Quest"],
"Character": ["Archaeologist", "Villain", "Explorer", "Love interest"],
"Setting": ["Desert", "Airplane", "Germany", "Egypt", "Jungle",
"Washington, D.C."],
"Subject": ["Exploration", "Expedition", "Nazism", "Showdown"],
"General": ["Ark of the Covenant", "Snakes"]
},
"contentRating": [.{
"body": "British Board of Film Classification",
"code": "PG",
"country": "GBR"
},

<snip>

{
"body": "Mediakasvatus- ja kuvaohjelmayksikk\u00f6",
"code": "K12",
"country": "FIN"
}, {
"body": "Motion Picture Association of America",
"code": "PG",
"country": "USA"
}],
"contentAdvisory": ["Adult Language", "Adult Situations", "Violence"],
"movie": {
"year": "1981",
"duration": 6900,
"qualityRating": [.{
"ratingsBody": "Gracenote",
"rating": "4",
"minRating": "1",
"maxRating": "4",
"increment": ".5"
}]
},
"cast": [.{
"billingOrder": "01",
"role": "Actor",
"nameId": "25704",
"personId": "25704",
"name": "Harrison Ford",
"characterName": "Dr. Henry 'Indiana' Jones, Jr."
}, {
"billingOrder": "02",
"role": "Actor",
"nameId": "35610",
"personId": "35610",
"name": "Karen Allen",
"characterName": "Marion Ravenwood"
},

<snip>

{
"billingOrder": "09",
"role": "Actor",
"nameId": "3584",
"personId": "3584",
"name": "Alfred Molina",
"characterName": "Sapito"
}],
"crew": [.{
"billingOrder": "01",
"role": "Director",
"nameId": "1672",
"personId": "1672",
"name": "Steven Spielberg"
}, {
"billingOrder": "02",
"role": "Writer (Story)",
"nameId": "23344",
"personId": "23344",
"name": "George Lucas"
}, {
"billingOrder": "03",
"role": "Writer (Story)",
"nameId": "162726",
"personId": "162064",
"name": "Philip Kaufman"
},

<snip>

{
"billingOrder": "21",
"role": "Hair Stylist",
"nameId": "473908",
"personId": "465033",
"name": "Mike Lockey"
}, {
"billingOrder": "22",
"role": "Makeup Artist",
"nameId": "473909",
"personId": "465034",
"name": "Dickie Mills"
}],
"entityType": "Movie",
"showType": "Feature Film",
"recommendations": [.{
"programID": "MV000747180000",
"title120": "The Mummy"
}, {
"programID": "MV001078290000",
"title120": "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider"
}, {
"programID": "MV001522590000",
"title120": "National Treasure"
}],
"awards": [.{
"name": "Academy Award",
"awardName": "Academy Award",
"won": true,
"year": "1981",
"category": "Sound"
}, {
"name": "Academy Award",
"awardName": "Academy Award",
"won": true,
"year": "1981",
"category": "Special Achievement Award (Sound Effects Editing)"
}, {
"name": "Academy Award",
"awardName": "Academy Award",
"won": true,
"year": "1981",
"category": "Best Visual Effects"
}

<snip>

{
"name": "British Academy of Film & Television Arts",
"awardName": "British Academy of Film & Television Arts",
"year": "1981",
"category": "Cinematography"
}],
"hasImageArtwork": true,
"hasMovieArtwork": true,
"md5": "9IfhnENhNwKCUnWFqgqF3Q"
}
Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
On 01/28/2018 08:33 PM, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> Out of curiosity, will the built-in mythtv schedule puller at some point
> be updated to use the newer format and avail of the increased lead-time
> data? Or is the internal one deprecated and moving to the external
> grabber is the recommended and only way to do so?
>
> Thanks...

That is unlikely to happen. The thinking is to move towards XMLTV and
there are two solutions now for schedules direct to XMLTV.  see
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Schedules_Direct_Setup . It would be
nice to have an easier setup for those.

Peter
Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
I decided to look into switching from the old SD grabber to the new XMLTV
grabber provided by Gary. When I run this command, it fails:

[mythtv@myserver~]$ /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
Unknown warnings category 'experimental' at
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite line 4919.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite line
4919.

This is version 1.24 of the script, but I downloaded the latest version
from git and it fails with the same message, albeit on a different line
number.

I suspect this is caused by a missing perl dependency, yet I've been unable
to find an authoritative list of dependencies that this script requires.
Can someone point me to that?
Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 4:23 PM, Larry Kennedy <lunchtimelarry@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect this is caused by a missing perl dependency, yet I've been unable
> to find an authoritative list of dependencies that this script requires.

No, this is (likely) caused by using an old perl, but
it was fixed in the main code over 18 months ago (as
the code no longer used experimental features, the
disablement of the warning could be removed), but
the line still existed in the package. It has now
been removed there too and should resolve your
issue. That fix will eventually get pushed upstream
after I do some additional testing.

However, not to worry, you may still find additional
dependencies. There are tools available to determine
the current list of dependencies. The easiest may be
to install Module::ScanDeps and run the scandeps.pl
program that comes with it (but be aware that it can
be a bit verbose; I usually run it with the -R option).

Thanks for the report.
Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
On 02/03/2018 11:23 AM, Larry Kennedy wrote:
> I decided to look into switching from the old SD grabber to the new
> XMLTV grabber provided by Gary.  When I run this command, it fails:
>
> [mythtv@myserver~]$ /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> Unknown warnings category 'experimental' at
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite line 4919.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> line 4919.
>
> This is version 1.24 of the script, but I downloaded the latest
> version from git and it fails with the same message, albeit on a
> different line number.
>
> I suspect this is caused by a missing perl dependency, yet I've been
> unable to find an authoritative list of dependencies that this script
> requires.  Can someone point me to that?

There was a thread just last week on this subject.. The suggested
depends were:
libfile-which-perl
libfile-homedir-perl
libdatetime-format-sqlite-perl
libdbd-sqlite2-perl
liblwp-useragent-determined-perl

This was on Ubuntu..
Re: Schedules Direct [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 2:23 PM, Greg <gregl@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> On 02/03/2018 11:23 AM, Larry Kennedy wrote:
>
> I decided to look into switching from the old SD grabber to the new XMLTV
> grabber provided by Gary. When I run this command, it fails:
>
> [mythtv@myserver~]$ /usr/bin/perl /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> Unknown warnings category 'experimental' at /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> line 4919.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite
> line 4919.
>
> This is version 1.24 of the script, but I downloaded the latest version
> from git and it fails with the same message, albeit on a different line
> number.
>
> I suspect this is caused by a missing perl dependency, yet I've been
> unable to find an authoritative list of dependencies that this script
> requires. Can someone point me to that?

> There was a thread just last week on this subject.. The suggested depends
> were:
> libfile-which-perl
> libfile-homedir-perl
> libdatetime-format-sqlite-perl
> libdbd-sqlite2-perl
> liblwp-useragent-determined-perl
>
> This was on Ubuntu..

Thanks. I saw that, noted the difference in OS, but installed the
dependencies nonetheless, only to see the error persist. I figured this
list could be incomplete based on how the author characterized it.