I was wondering fi there were any tricks on getting these channels to work
with Myth.

Thanks!
Re: Comcast Music Choice Channels [ In reply to ]
On 02/11/2017 12:00 PM, Michael Wisniewski wrote:
> I'm running an HDHR Prime and trying to get the Comcast Music Choice channels to work through MythTV backend and a Kodi frontend. When I use vlc to open a network stream on one of the music choice channels, it works fine and I can listen to the music. Unfortunately though, when I try this through MythTV and Kodi, it fails and says "channel unavailable", even though the HDHR Prime logs says I'm subscribed to it.
>
> I was wondering fi there were any tricks on getting these channels to work with Myth.

FWIW - I had the same problem when I was on ComCast and tried it just on a whim.

Typically, it would work fine with the HDHR tuner application.

Since then I've cut the cord... so I wouldn't be able to help test anything else..

-Ben
Re: Comcast Music Choice Channels [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 6:00 PM, Michael Wisniewski <mikewiz38@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering fi there were any tricks on getting these channels to work
> with Myth.

Typically the Music Choice channels have video frames
at intervals that can be almost six seconds apart, which
results in various timeouts/failures in applications when
attempting to identify/decode those streams (MythTV
is not the only app that has run into this).

You *may* be able to get the channels to work by
changing the timeouts to be quite a bit longer (at the
potential resulting problem that other tuning/streaming
failures will take that long to decide to give up).

Better fixes regarding stream identification certainly
seem possible, but will depend on someone having
the itch (and the time to scratch it).
Re: Comcast Music Choice Channels [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Better fixes regarding stream identification certainly
> seem possible, but will depend on someone having
> the itch (and the time to scratch it).

Looks like it has been (partially if it still does not
work for you?) addressed in fixes 0.28 according to:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Music_Choice

(note to self, always check the wiki before posting)
Re: Comcast Music Choice Channels [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:45 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 6:41 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Better fixes regarding stream identification certainly
> > seem possible, but will depend on someone having
> > the itch (and the time to scratch it).
>
> Looks like it has been (partially if it still does not
> work for you?) addressed in fixes 0.28 according to:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Music_Choice
>
> (note to self, always check the wiki before posting)

Thanks for the responses. I tried to set the tuning timeout to a whopping
18,000ms but I'm still getting the "channel unavailable" message.

I'm wondering if I'm running the correct version though.... The Wiki says
to run version 0.28-76, however, when I run a mythbackend --version, I get
.28-1-2. When I look at it, I would think 0.28-1x is less than .28-76, but
yet I'm running .28 of the MythBuntu PPA and the ilbrary api date on that
is 2016-11-20, which is later than the October date in the wiki.

Is this what my problem is?

Thank You!!!