Mailing List Archive

Coverart
I searched and searched, but my google-fu seems weak with this one.

At some point in time over the last several months, I lost all of the
coverart and metadata to all of my movies. The cover-art is still
available on the file system (it comes from an NFS mount of the shared
mythtv home directory.. note that this is pre-storage group stuff, so I
probably need to re-visit doing things this way and have the BE server
hand out the cover art directly if that is possible), but none of my
mythtv frontends see it.

Rescaning the entire movies store doesn't seem to update any of the
cover art or metadata. I thought it was because I was on 0.26 and
perhaps the tmdb script broke in some way and 0.27 would fix it (and
some other minor issues.. hey, 0.27 gave me a functioning mythutil to
send NCID messages!), but even after a full upgrade (and subsequent
backend hardware change), I am still seeing the same issue.

Interestingly, it is getting cover art and metadata for the items in my
videos folder that are TV shows (loaded in from DVDs we have). It just
doesn't seem to get any of the movie information (my NFS store contains
ISOs and M4V files of my DVD collection) any more. There aren't any
errors in the frontend logs even when running in with debug output that
indicate what the issue might be.. the logs are unusually quiet when I
do a re-scan of the videos on a frontend.

-Rich
Re: Coverart [ In reply to ]
On 12/20/2013 11:18 AM, Rich West wrote:
> I searched and searched, but my google-fu seems weak with this one.
>
> At some point in time over the last several months, I lost all of the
> coverart and metadata to all of my movies. The cover-art is still
> available on the file system (it comes from an NFS mount of the shared
> mythtv home directory.. note that this is pre-storage group stuff, so I
> probably need to re-visit doing things this way and have the BE server
> hand out the cover art directly if that is possible), but none of my
> mythtv frontends see it.
>
> Rescaning the entire movies store doesn't seem to update any of the
> cover art or metadata. I thought it was because I was on 0.26 and
> perhaps the tmdb script broke in some way and 0.27 would fix it (and
> some other minor issues.. hey, 0.27 gave me a functioning mythutil to
> send NCID messages!), but even after a full upgrade (and subsequent
> backend hardware change), I am still seeing the same issue.
>
> Interestingly, it is getting cover art and metadata for the items in my
> videos folder that are TV shows (loaded in from DVDs we have). It just
> doesn't seem to get any of the movie information (my NFS store contains
> ISOs and M4V files of my DVD collection) any more. There aren't any
> errors in the frontend logs even when running in with debug output that
> indicate what the issue might be.. the logs are unusually quiet when I
> do a re-scan of the videos on a frontend.

Closing the loop on this one since I managed to get this working again..

I deleted all of the contents of the "videometadata" table in the
mythconverg database (via: TRUNCATE TABLE videometadata), restarted my
test frontend, and scanned for changes (I have mine set to update
metadata as part of the scan for changes function). Watching the output
of "mythfrontend -v all", I was able to watch it pull the data down,
and, after 2hrs (2278 files later), I was able to verify that the
coverart and metadata were there and I was able to pull down new
metadata & coverart as I added new files. Thankfully, it didn't have to
pull down new coverart since it found the coverart & posters that were
previously downloaded on the filesystem.

-Rich
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 15:30:23 CET schrieb Stuart Auchterlonie:
> On 10/12/2020 14:21, Werner Mahr wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 14:38:34 CET schrieb James Linder:
> >> Sometimes the artwork for coverart is not retrived, sometimes there is
> >> none
> >> eg 'attenborough extinction'. I make a clip with gimp. Oten that works
> >> but
> >
> > Jep, ttvdb decided it's a good idea to have covers per language, but most
> > contributors there either ignore it, or just have the english one.
> >
> > You can see that when running:
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a EN -N 276312
> > Matanzas /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -a DE -N
> > 276312 Matanzas
> >
> > The first has coverart in it's output, the second not.
> >
> > There was a bugreport about that:
> > https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13424
> > but it was closed as fixed. For me it didn't work either, that's why I
> > tried to fix it 1,5 years ago: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/180
> >
> > My fix wasn't accepted, because it introduced a global var iirc, but 2
> > month ago there have been additional commits there. For me they don't
> > work.
> There were a few commits to address this 2 days ago......
>
> in order (the last one is the one you actually need)
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8d6eaf2888f571c7e4c7d21b0909082c772a
> c659
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/735802a37a3e10792deb6d3b1a74be93fc4
> bdde9
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/2940cbcaa26d22b65070ea5871db7b72b1c
> 96fbc

Yep, I've seen them. I tested with:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MythTV/mythtv/master/mythtv/programs/
scripts/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py

Just while writing the first reply. The covers are shown in output on console
as expected (OK, it's the series-poster, not the one from the actual season),
but in frontend, when deleting details and then pressing "w" (I renamed the
seasonposter before) I still get no new poster.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr

Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 3:42 PM Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de>
wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 15:30:23 CET schrieb Stuart Auchterlonie:
> > >
> > > Jep, ttvdb decided it's a good idea to have covers per language, but
> most
> > > contributors there either ignore it, or just have the english one.
> > >
> > > You can see that when running:
> > > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a EN -N 276312
> > > Matanzas /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -a DE -N
> > > 276312 Matanzas
> > >
> > > The first has coverart in it's output, the second not.
> > >
> > > There was a bugreport about that:
> > > https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13424
> > > but it was closed as fixed. For me it didn't work either, that's why I
> > > tried to fix it 1,5 years ago:
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/180
> > >
> > > My fix wasn't accepted, because it introduced a global var iirc, but 2
> > > month ago there have been additional commits there. For me they don't
> > > work.
> > There were a few commits to address this 2 days ago......
> >
> > in order (the last one is the one you actually need)
> >

> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8d6eaf2888f571c7e4c7d21b0909082c772a
> > c659
> >
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/735802a37a3e10792deb6d3b1a74be93fc4
> > bdde9
> >
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/2940cbcaa26d22b65070ea5871db7b72b1c
> > 96fbc
>
> Yep, I've seen them. I tested with:
>
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MythTV/mythtv/master/mythtv/programs/
> scripts/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
> <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MythTV/mythtv/master/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py>
>
> Just while writing the first reply. The covers are shown in output on
> console
> as expected (OK, it's the series-poster, not the one from the actual
> season),
> but in frontend, when deleting details and then pressing "w" (I renamed
> the
> seasonposter before) I still get no new poster.
>
> --

Dear all
Please post mythtv version, i.e. the output of
{{{
mythfrontend --version
or
mythbackend --version
}}}
and post the log files as well.

Procedures to change/update coverarts, get log files and MySQL entries:

For videos:
menu->i->Change Video Details->reset details
menu->i->Change Video Details->retrieve details

MySQL: videometadata table
Logs: mythfrontend.log

For recordings:
if no metadata has been retrieved before:
M --> Job Options --> Begin Metadata Lookup

if already a lookup for metadata was done:
See
https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4121

Logs: mythbackend.log, mythmetadatalookup.log
MySQL: recordedartwork table

Regards,
Roland
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
Thanks Werner and Stuart that explains why coverart is not retrived.
The B part of my query if I edit and select artwork why does that fail?

Here is a summary:

Artwork 'works' on some movies but not on others
I->Change->Reset sometimes fixes the problem, sometimes not
Same artwork works on 1 movie, but not another
One movie, Attenborough Extinction, has no avaiable meta data. I created an image which shows in the browser but cannot be assigned. (after OK there is no image in the 'words field' and the image is BLACK)
I took the broadcast and edited with shotcut. I don't recall why my h264cut failed maybe my sillyness as broadcast was ----+++++++++++++++-- and my h264cut said no-cutlist.

James

Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 19:43:18 CET schrieb Roland Ernst:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 3:42 PM Werner Mahr <werner@vollstreckernet.de>
>
> wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 10. Dezember 2020, 15:30:23 CET schrieb Stuart
Auchterlonie:

> > most

> > https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/180

> > > There were a few commits to address this 2 days ago......
> > >
> > > in order (the last one is the one you actually need)
> >
> > https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/8d6eaf2888f571c7e4c7d21b0909082c77
> > 2a>
> > > c659
> >
> > https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/735802a37a3e10792deb6d3b1a74be93fc
> > 4
> >
> > > bdde9
> >
> > https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/2940cbcaa26d22b65070ea5871db7b72b1
> >
> > > 96fbc
> >
> > Yep, I've seen them. I tested with:
> >
> > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MythTV/mythtv/master/mythtv/programs/
> > scripts/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py
> > <https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MythTV/mythtv/master/mythtv/programs/sc
> > ripts/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py>
> >
> > Just while writing the first reply. The covers are shown in output on
> > console
> > as expected (OK, it's the series-poster, not the one from the actual
> > season),
> > but in frontend, when deleting details and then pressing "w" (I renamed
> > the
> > seasonposter before) I still get no new poster.
> >
> > --
>
> Dear all
> Please post mythtv version, i.e. the output of

> mythfrontend --version

MythTV Version : v31.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1

marrilat package version: 31.0+fixes20201018.giteb3c84de5f-dmo2

log:
Adding : : DC's Legends Of Tomorrow/Staffel 5/11 - H?llenhund An Bord.mkv :
59a296221b8788e0
I Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l de -a DE
-N DC's Legends Of Tomorrow H?llenhund An Bord
I Result Found, Season 5 Episode 11
I Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l de -a DE -M
DC's Legends Of Tomorrow
I Result Found, Season 5 Episode 11
I Comparing metadata title 'Legends of Tomorrow' [Di. Mai 5 2020] to
recording title 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow'
I Comparing metadata title 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Their Time Is Now' [Do.
Jan. 21 2016] to recording title 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow'
I Best Title Match For DC's Legends Of Tomorrow: Legends of Tomorrow
I Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tp -l de -a DE -N
295760 H?llenhund an Bord
I Result Found, Season 5 Episode 11
I Returning Metadata Results: Legends of Tomorrow 5 11
I Metadata Image Download: http://thetvdb.com/banners/series/295760/episodes/
5ebd1f3fb4ecf.jpg -> myth://Screenshots@htpc/Legends of Tomorrow Season
5x11_screenshot.jpg
I Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tp -l de -a DE -N
295760 H?llenhund an Bord
I Result Found, Season 5 Episode 11
I Returning Metadata Results: Legends of Tomorrow 5 11

Tested with ttvdb.py from current master. Video never existed in db,Cover
didn't exist on FS.

I ommit the db-stuff, as you already know the problems we have here.

--
MfG usw.

Werner Mahr

Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
> [...]
> I Best Title Match For DC's Legends Of Tomorrow: Legends of Tomorrow
> I Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tp -l de -a DE -N
> 295760 Höllenhund an Bord
> I Result Found, Season 5 Episode 11
> I Returning Metadata Results: Legends of Tomorrow 5 11
> I Metadata Image Download: http://thetvdb.com/banners/series/295760/episodes/
> 5ebd1f3fb4ecf.jpg -> myth://Screenshots@htpc/Legends of Tomorrow Season
> 5x11_screenshot.jpg
> I Running Grabber: /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tp -l de -a DE -N
> 295760 Höllenhund an Bord
> I Result Found, Season 5 Episode 11
> I Returning Metadata Results: Legends of Tomorrow 5 11
>
> Tested with ttvdb.py from current master. Video never existed in db,Cover
> didn't exist on FS.
>
> I ommit the db-stuff, as you already know the problems we have here.

MythTV Version : v31.0-118-geb3c84de5f
MythTV Branch : fixes/31
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.14.2

ummm there are no logs

[plasma] /Users/jam [574]% find /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/ -iname '*log'
[plasma] /Users/jam [575]% find Library/ -iname '*log' |grep -i myth
[plasma] /Users/jam [576]%

But again I emphasize the grabber is seldom my problem, the issue is that coverart 'won't take'

Trawling the backend logs shows nothing significant.
But while preparing the logs I had PFDFT (pilot flightdeck finger trouble) and lo

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png I select the art

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png select OK

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png PFDFT

And eruka by adding 'Title' to EXIF metadata the picture 'works'

James
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
> [...]

> MythTV Version : v31.0-118-geb3c84de5f
> MythTV Branch : fixes/31
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 31.20200101-1
> QT Version : 5.14.2
>
> ummm there are no logs
>
> [plasma] /Users/jam [574]% find /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/ -iname '*log'
> [plasma] /Users/jam [575]% find Library/ -iname '*log' |grep -i myth
> [plasma] /Users/jam [576]%
>
> But again I emphasize the grabber is seldom my problem, the issue is that coverart 'won't take'
>
> Trawling the backend logs shows nothing significant.
> But while preparing the logs I had PFDFT (pilot flightdeck finger trouble) and lo
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png I select the art
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png select OK
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png PFDFT
>
> And eruka by adding 'Title' to EXIF metadata the picture 'works'

Nearly ... even if you have no image you may need to 'Reset Data' before you can add 1
Also you can use an image once only. Having used it an idential (but new name) is required for 2nd use.
Little wonder my reported behaviour has been confusing

James
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
Den 2020-12-12 kl. 00:19, skrev James Linder:
>> But again I emphasize the grabber is seldom my problem, the issue is that coverart 'won't take'
>>
>> Trawling the backend logs shows nothing significant.
>> But while preparing the logs I had PFDFT (pilot flightdeck finger trouble) and lo
>>
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png I select the art
>>
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png select OK
>>
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png PFDFT
>>
>> And eruka by adding 'Title' to EXIF metadata the picture 'works'
>
> Nearly ... even if you have no image you may need to 'Reset Data' before you can add 1
> Also you can use an image once only. Having used it an idential (but new name) is required for 2nd use.
> Little wonder my reported behaviour has been confusing
>
> James

It's bit strange perhaps, but I believe you should hit the selected image rather than the OK button.

Cheers
Jonatan
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 1:36 AM Jonatan Lindblad <lindbladjonatan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Den 2020-12-12 kl. 00:19, skrev James Linder:
>
> > Nearly ... even if you have no image you may need to 'Reset Data' before
> you can add 1
> > Also you can use an image once only. Having used it an idential (but new
> name) is required for 2nd use.
> > Little wonder my reported behaviour has been confusing
> >
> > James
>
> It's bit strange perhaps, but I believe you should hit the selected image
> rather than the OK button.

The way it worked for me:
Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"

In the frontend,
select the video, press
I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
press Enter
select the cover you want in the new window
press Enter

No other actions needed.

Roland
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
> On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The way it worked for me:
> Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
> Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
>
> In the frontend,
> select the video, press
> I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
> go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
> press Enter
> select the cover you want in the new windowi
> press Enter
>
> No other actions needed.

Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.

After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:

The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset

Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
Roland see the images
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
then presss [ok]
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png

but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data

Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > The way it worked for me:
> > Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
> > Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
> >
> > In the frontend,
> > select the video, press
> > I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
> > go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
> > press Enter
> > select the cover you want in the new windowi
> > press Enter
> >
> > No other actions needed.
>
> Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.
>
> After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:
>
> The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
> An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
> The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset
>
> Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
> Roland see the images
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
> then presss [ok]
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png
>
> but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png

That's strange.
I just added the same screenshot of my desktop to two different videos.
The screenshot definitely has no title information in the exif data.

And I can change the coverart over and over again without the need
to reset all details.

Maybe the mouse is fooling you on the window for selecting the coverart?
Try to use the keyboard only.

Mythtv version is latest fixes/31
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:06 PM Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> > On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > The way it worked for me:
>> > Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
>> > Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
>> >
>> > In the frontend,
>> > select the video, press
>> > I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
>> > go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
>> > press Enter
>> > select the cover you want in the new windowi
>> > press Enter
>> >
>> > No other actions needed.
>>
>> Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.
>>
>> After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:
>>
>> The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
>> An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
>> The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset
>>
>> Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
>> Roland see the images
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
>> then presss [ok]
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png
>>
>> but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data
>> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png
>>

> That's strange.
> I just added the same screenshot of my desktop to two different videos.
> The screenshot definitely has no title information in the exif data.
>
> And I can change the coverart over and over again without the need
> to reset all details.
>
> Maybe the mouse is fooling you on the window for selecting the coverart?
> Try to use the keyboard only.
>
> Mythtv version is latest fixes/31

This is what the "exiftool" returns on a valid coverart, downloaded via
tmdb3.py:

$ exiftool ./tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg
ExifTool Version Number : 11.88
File Name : tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg
Directory : .
File Size : 223 kB
File Modification Date/Time : 2020:09:28 18:27:33+02:00
File Access Date/Time : 2020:09:28 18:27:33+02:00
File Inode Change Date/Time : 2020:09:28 18:27:33+02:00
File Permissions : rw-r--r--
File Type : JPEG
File Type Extension : jpg
MIME Type : image/jpeg
JFIF Version : 1.01
Resolution Unit : None
X Resolution : 1
Y Resolution : 1
Image Width : 1000
Image Height : 1500
Encoding Process : Progressive DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample : 8
Color Components : 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling : YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
Image Size : 1000x1500
Megapixels : 1.5

Note: There is no "Title" information here.
Do you mean the coverart must be a valid picture as identified by the
"file" command?
e.g.:
{{{
$ file ./tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg
}}}
returns
{{{
./tmdb3.py_816_coverart.jpg: JPEG image data, ........
}}}
Re: coverart [ In reply to ]
> On 13 Dec 2020, at 8:06 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

> > On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > The way it worked for me:
> > Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
> > Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
> >
> > In the frontend,
> > select the video, press
> > I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
> > go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
> > press Enter
> > select the cover you want in the new windowi
> > press Enter
> >
> > No other actions needed.
>
> Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.
>
> After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:
>
> The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
> An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
> The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset
>
> Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
> Roland see the images
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
> then presss [ok]
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png
>
> but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png
>

> That's strange.
> I just added the same screenshot of my desktop to two different videos.
> The screenshot definitely has no title information in the exif data.
>
> And I can change the coverart over and over again without the need
> to reset all details.
>
> Maybe the mouse is fooling you on the window for selecting the coverart?
> Try to use the keyboard only.
>
> Mythtv version is latest fixes/31

Roland I feel like a kid caught telling fibs <smile>

So this is how it went (summary since it took ages) and for my own sanity

I tried (no mouse) the art. I found an image and used gimp to crop it.
Metadata was empty.
http://tigger.ws/downloads/attenborough.jpg
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png

but got

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png

While fiddling I accidentally mouse-clicked (as I went too scroll) and got this

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png

So I thought to try EXIF
http://tigger.ws/downloads/attenboroughWithExif.jpg

added the image to one and it worked added it to second and it did not work.
I copied it to attenborough1 added that and it worked

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth4.png

I can only offer - if you want coverart and it 'will not take' this worked for me.
James