Mailing List Archive

Mythbuntu 8.04 not working with lirc / mceusb2?
Is anyone running Mythbuntu 8.04alpha4 with a mceusb2 remote control?
I have just upgraded from Mythbuntu 7.10 and everything appears to be
back working apart from the remote control is not working.

I have tracked it down to lircd not loading.

Stopping remote control daemon(s) LIRC [OK]
Unable to load LIRC kernel modules. Verify your
selected kernel modules in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf

I have checked my hardware.conf and it appears fine does anyone have
any ideas on why this is not working?

I have even tried a "lircd --driver=help" but this does not even
appear to list the mceusb2 module which is a bit weird?

I have pasted my hardware.conf below.

TIA

# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Remotes (new version Philips et al.)"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2"
REMOTE_DRIVER=""
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

#Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
#START_LIRCMD="false"

#Try to load appropriate kernel modules
LOAD_MODULES="true"

# Default configuration files for your hardware if any
LIRCMD_CONF=""

#Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
#If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
#that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
#frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
#It will then populate all other variables without any user input
#If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
#to leave this set to "false"
FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
START_LIRCMD=""
Re: Mythbuntu 8.04 not working with lirc / mceusb2? [ In reply to ]
nospam312 wrote:
> Is anyone running Mythbuntu 8.04alpha4 with a mceusb2 remote control?
> I have just upgraded from Mythbuntu 7.10 and everything appears to be
> back working apart from the remote control is not working.
>
> I have tracked it down to lircd not loading.
>
> Stopping remote control daemon(s) LIRC [OK]
> Unable to load LIRC kernel modules. Verify your
> selected kernel modules in /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
>
> I have checked my hardware.conf and it appears fine does anyone have
> any ideas on why this is not working?
>
> I have even tried a "lircd --driver=help" but this does not even
> appear to list the mceusb2 module which is a bit weird?
>
> I have pasted my hardware.conf below.
>
> TIA
>
> # /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
> #
> #Chosen Remote Control
> REMOTE="Windows Media Center Remotes (new version Philips et al.)"
> REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev lirc_mceusb2"
> REMOTE_DRIVER=""
> REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
> REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
> REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""
>
> #Chosen IR Transmitter
> TRANSMITTER="None"
> TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
> TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
> TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
> TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""
>
> #Enable lircd
> START_LIRCD="true"
>
> #Don't start lircmd even if there seems to be a good config file
> #START_LIRCMD="false"
>
> #Try to load appropriate kernel modules
> LOAD_MODULES="true"
>
> # Default configuration files for your hardware if any
> LIRCMD_CONF=""
>
> #Forcing noninteractive reconfiguration
> #If lirc is to be reconfigured by an external application
> #that doesn't have a debconf frontend available, the noninteractive
> #frontend can be invoked and set to parse REMOTE and TRANSMITTER
> #It will then populate all other variables without any user input
> #If you would like to configure lirc via standard methods, be sure
> #to leave this set to "false"
> FORCE_NONINTERACTIVE_RECONFIGURATION="false"
> START_LIRCMD=""
Check that you are using the -generic- kernel and not the -i386- kernel. If you
are using -i386, then I think you got hit by a bug causing it to get installed.
(We need more people who are getting hit by this to give us logs :))

To check, you can run uname -r

--
Mario Limonciello
mario.mailing@gmail.com
Re: Mythbuntu 8.04 not working with lirc / mceusb2? [ In reply to ]
> Check that you are using the -generic- kernel and not the -i386- kernel. If you
> are using -i386, then I think you got hit by a bug causing it to get installed.
> (We need more people who are getting hit by this to give us logs :))
> To check, you can run uname -r

2.6.24-12-386

To upgrade I did a

sudo update-manager -c -d

1. Is there are way of fixing this problem or do I need to do a
clean/full reinstall?
2. What log file(s) do you want?

TIA
Re: Mythbuntu 8.04 not working with lirc / mceusb2? [ In reply to ]