Mailing List Archive

Black screen for video
I'm testing separate machines for frontend and backend. Backend seems to
be working fine, and one of two machines work as frontend. The other
machine mostly works, but when I try to view a recorded show, or watch
live tv, I just get a black screen, in either fullscreen or not. I do
see the video preview on that frontend machine when I look at the
recorded shows window, but nothing when I actually try to view it.
Ironically, the machine that does work is a laptop on a wireless
connection (albeit, it works slow and jerkily), while the machine with
the black screen is a desktop connected via 100Mb. Mplayer, and other
video apps work fine on this machine. Any thoughts?

I'm using debian sid, and the 0.9 mythtv packages for debian on all
machines.

-Tupshin