Mailing List Archive

A bunch of problems and maybe some bugs with mythtv, web, video and music
Here are a bunch of minor problems I'm having, and would I greatly
appreciate any help you can give! I just upgraded to the latest cvs tonight
Jun 13th ~11pm PST for all the modules mentioned below. I'm running Mandrake
9.1 with the latest KDE I believe.

Focus and Xwindow Failures: This is starting to drive me nuts as usually I
can now crash irxevent with just a minute of playing with the menus.
Basicaly randomly when I exit a menu to go back to some other menu I will
lose my remote control functionality and the following error is shown. To
fix this I have to kill the frontend, start irxevent over again and then
relaunch the front end! Can someone please offer me some insight, this makes
no sense to me and nobody has solved it in the archives yet!

Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 25 (X_SendEvent)
Resource id in failed request: 0x1c002a1
Serial number of failed request: 73

MythVideo: After I return from playback of mplayer my window does not regain
focus. I then cannot use my remote control until I hit alt-tab or click on
it. Someone once mentioned this could be my kde settings under focusing but
I believe it is setup correctly. Any ideas?

MythMusic bug: If I goto the General Settings, hit next and enter my dvdrom
drive "/mnt/hdd" then hit finish and go back it reverts back to
"/dev/cdrom0." I'm assumming this is a bug?

MythMusic Interface Question: When your playing music now you can go up and
down like in the playlist but not have control over the bottom interface of
play/stop etc. I know all of the keys pretty much are mapped to play and
pause on my remote but what is Previous Track and Next Track buttons mapped
to? aka the far most >| & |< buttons cannot be accessed. If there are names
for these that myth recognizes I will change my lirc config but I need to
know what these are to set my remote to.

Mythfilldatabase: I created a file with the following in it chmodded it and
set it into my cron.daily folder. It is chmodded the same as all the other
files in there but it never runs. I created a log file for it as shown by
the command but it never has anything in it. Any ideas?

#!/bin/sh

mythfilldatabase 2>&1 >> /var/log/myth/dbfill.log &

MythWeb: Clicking "Record" when trying to clear schedule conflicts still
does nothing. Any ideas? Does it have anything to do with this php error
message at the top: "Warning: shell_exec() [function.shell-exec]: Cannot
execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /var/www/html/pvr/functions.php on
line 789"

Re: A bunch of problems and maybe some bugs with mythtv, web, video and music [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 14 June 2003 02:58 am, Chris Germano wrote:
> Here are a bunch of minor problems I'm having, and would I greatly
> appreciate any help you can give! I just upgraded to the latest cvs tonight
> Jun 13th ~11pm PST for all the modules mentioned below. I'm running
> Mandrake 9.1 with the latest KDE I believe.
>
> MythMusic bug: If I goto the General Settings, hit next and enter my dvdrom
> drive "/mnt/hdd" then hit finish and go back it reverts back to
> "/dev/cdrom0." I'm assumming this is a bug?

No, it's not a bug... you can't type in that box; it's a drop-down list.
Select entries with the left & right arrow keys. Anything you type will not
be saved.

> MythMusic Interface Question: When your playing music now you can go up and
> down like in the playlist but not have control over the bottom interface of
> play/stop etc. I know all of the keys pretty much are mapped to play and
> pause on my remote but what is Previous Track and Next Track buttons mapped
> to? aka the far most >| & |< buttons cannot be accessed. If there are names
> for these that myth recognizes I will change my lirc config but I need to
> know what these are to set my remote to.

PgUp & PgDown are Prev & Next Track.

-JAC
Re: A bunch of problems and maybe some bugs with mythtv, web, video and music [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:58:14PM -0700, Chris Germano wrote:
> MythWeb: Clicking "Record" when trying to clear schedule conflicts still
> does nothing. Any ideas? Does it have anything to do with this php error
> message at the top: "Warning: shell_exec() [function.shell-exec]: Cannot
> execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /var/www/html/pvr/functions.php on
> line 789"

You need the php.ini package; in the php.ini file there's a "safe mode"
option which needs to be off (which it is by default).

Steve
Re: A bunch of problems and maybe some bugs with mythtv, web, video and music [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 11:58:14PM -0700, Chris Germano wrote:
> MythWeb: Clicking "Record" when trying to clear schedule conflicts still
> does nothing. Any ideas? Does it have anything to do with this php error
> message at the top: "Warning: shell_exec() [function.shell-exec]: Cannot
> execute using backquotes in Safe Mode in /var/www/html/pvr/functions.php on
> line 789"

Ooops... sent my reply off too soon.

I was going to mention that I also have the schedule conflict bug you
describe. Adding a php.ini file with safe mode disabled will get rid of
the warning message but not fix the schedule conflict problem.

Steve
Re: A bunch of problems and maybe some bugs with mythtv, web, video and music [ In reply to ]
Ok I just installed the package and it looks like I don't have that error
anymore but that bug still remains.

I'm trying to figure out how to map keys from the keyboard to my ~/.lircrc
file. Basicaly I have tried these two methods below and neither will issue
the command, all it reports in mythtv is 5 every time I hit one of those
keys. It is not just for this volume example but other things like ESC
(power button), Vol+, Vol-, Slow... So what is the proper way to map the
keys like PgUP?

begin
prog = irxevent
button = VolDown
config = Key [ CurrentWindow
end

or

begin
prog = irxevent
button = VolDown
config = Key KP_[ CurrentWindow
end
RE: A bunch of problems and maybe some bugs withmythtv, web, video and music [ In reply to ]