reduction it no longer does this. Any ideas?

--
David Won <phlegm@rogers.com>
Re: Jerky playback with jitter reduction enabled [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 June 2003 08:28 pm, David Won wrote:
> Hey all. I just upgraded to the latest version. .9
>
> Now I have a new problem. When watching recorded shows and live TV it is
> very jerky and the video seemd to be a couple of speeds too fast.
> The audio then begins to stutter as it tries to catch up with the video.
> After much mucking around I discovered that if I disable jitter
> reduction it no longer does this. Any ideas?

So, don't enable it. It doesn't work everywhere, which is why it's an option
and disabled in the first place.

Isaac
Re: Jerky playback with jitter reduction enabled [ In reply to ]
Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 13 June 2003 08:28 pm, David Won wrote:
>
>>Hey all. I just upgraded to the latest version. .9
>>
>>Now I have a new problem. When watching recorded shows and live TV it is
>>very jerky and the video seemd to be a couple of speeds too fast.
>>The audio then begins to stutter as it tries to catch up with the video.
>>After much mucking around I discovered that if I disable jitter
>>reduction it no longer does this. Any ideas?
>

> So, don't enable it. It doesn't work everywhere, which is why it's an option
> and disabled in the first place.

Exactly. Jitter reduction uses a little more CPU time which
may thrash the recording if you don't have enough idle CPU
time. See http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-19.html#ss19.4
You may want to try setting your LiveTV resolution down one
notch and decide if you prefer that with jitter on or your
current res without jitter reduction. If it's still jerky
at a lower res, definitely leave it off.

-- bjm