INSERT INTO settings VALUES ('BackendServerIP','127.0.0.1','mythpc');

and since it works perfectly well by hand, I'm a little baffled as to why
it wouldn't during startup. Anyone seen something similar?

Adam

--
Go into the kitchen to shake the chef's hand. <adam@baz.org>
If he is thin, have second thoughts about eating <http://web.baz.org/~adam/>
there; if he is thin and sad, flee. - Ferand Point <Adam Hirsch>
RE: scripted backend startup failing [ In reply to ]

Hmmm... make sure MySQL is getting started *before* mythbackend.

Don't know if that's your problem, but it's worth checking....

-JAC
Re: scripted backend startup failing [ In reply to ]
Joseph A. Caputo (jcaputo1@comcast.net) wrote:

> Hmmm... make sure MySQL is getting started *before* mythbackend.

> Don't know if that's your problem, but it's worth checking....

Yah, that was the first thing I looked for. The logged error if mysql
isn't up is a database connect error, not this one.

Adam

--
The maxim for any love affair is "Play and pray, but on the whole do
not pray when you are playing and do not play when you are praying."