From: "Christopher Maahs" <cmaahs@eatenbygrue.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users@snowman.net>
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 7:47 AM
Subject: RE: [mythtv-users] RE: mythfrontend setup for around $300 ??

Re: Australian TV Grabber ... [ In reply to ]
Mark Blair wrote:

>I've written the core of an Australian TV grabber, I now want to throw that information in the database.
>
>Anyone able to point me to a document explaining the thinking behind the
>relevant tables in the schema?

Just write out the info as XMLTV (or better yet, follow the spec for
XMLTV grabbers, incl. commandline parameters) and let mythfilldatabase
read it in. That way, other projects can take advantage of it as well.

I read on the xmltv-dev list that there's somebody else intending to
write one, but no more. See posts by Stewart Johnson and Ed Avis around
2 Jun 2003.
Re: Australian TV Grabber ... [ In reply to ]
ok, that way round, I'll ask a different question, I don't fully understand
the xml tv spec nor the tv grabbers spec, has any one got information of
those and how Myth drives the grabber ... including how I would modify Myth
to use my grabber ...

thanks
Mark

Re: Australian TV Grabber ... [ In reply to ]

<http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/>

>and how Myth drives the grabber ... including how I would modify Myth
>to use my grabber ...

mythfilldatabase uses it, as I said. Modify that app to know about your
grabber, then change your video source to use that grabber, then run
mythfilldatabase.
RE: Australian TV Grabber ... [ In reply to ]
I have a copy of the original Australian grabber from
http://hawkins.dropbear.id.au/Software/XMLTV/ that I can send you to use as
a base. Although you might want to talk to the author first. You'll need to
make sure you dont use Ebroadcast because they had the first one pulled.