dreams we sometimes have :-)

Are there any plans for such a box in the making?

Orn
Re: MythTV and the future [ In reply to ]
> The moment I saw it, the thought "vcr/dvd of the future" went through my
> mind. And I was imagining myself using my remote control to move
> between menu items, and doing selections ... recording on a built in
> hard drive, on a box that perhaps was something like a notebook in
> structure (to avoid cooling problems), but still a vcr and I was
> browsing the image on the TV. Such dreams we sometimes have :-)
>
> Are there any plans for such a box in the making?

Don't know if I'm reading you correctly, but if so, this *IS* what many of
us are doing. Many of us already connect up to the TV and use a remote
control to control it. I'm actually using the very remote that came with
my DirecTV. That one universal remote will control my TV, DVD, VCR,
Satellite, stereo tuner, AND MythTV. I have mine in a tower case that's
hidden in my entertainment center but many people actually have a black
desktop case that looks like a piece of audio/video gear.
Re: MythTV and the future [ In reply to ]
RE: MythTV and the future [ In reply to ]
RE: MythTV and the future [ In reply to ]

I think he's inquiring about a pre-configured box (for sale...)

Check out these two threads:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=61919;search_st
ring=selling%20boxes;guest=613375&t=search_engine#61919

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=59758;search_st
ring=selling%20boxes;guest=613375&t=search_engine#59758

-JAC