Mailing List Archive

mythtv-users] Re: Myth deletion not working correctly?
On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:17, Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> I have seen this problem several times. What happens is the focus
> gets lost on the deletion popup window. Since I only use a remote, I
> can't get the focus back. I have to dig out my mouse and move the
> cursor around to get the focus onto the dialog. Pretty annoying.
> Only seems to happen half the time the delete dialog comes up.
>
> I thought it was just something weird on my side. Perhaps a small
> bug? Anyone else getting this behavior?

I'm having a similar problem, but only with the mythmusic pop-ups in
playlist selections (show deletion works fine). Since I only have a
remote on the system, I have to log in from somewhere else and kill
mythmusic to clear it. It works correctly when run remotely to my Gnome
desktop. I use fvwm on my myth box (0.9), with the fvwmrc from the
distribution.

Scott
--
Scott Elliott <selliott@insight.rr.com>
Re: Myth deletion not working correctly? [ In reply to ]
I figured it out. Needed to have ClickToFocus set in the .fvwm2rc file
for myth windows, because the small pop-ups may not be over the center
of the screen, where the hidden mouse is. So the entry should be:

Style "myth*" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, ClickToFocus, BorderWidth 0

This way new windows always get focus.

--
Scott Elliott <selliott@insight.rr.com>
Re: Myth deletion not working correctly? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 22:10, Scott Elliott wrote:
> I figured it out. Needed to have ClickToFocus set in the .fvwm2rc file
> for myth windows, because the small pop-ups may not be over the center
> of the screen, where the hidden mouse is. So the entry should be:
>
> Style "myth*" NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, ClickToFocus, BorderWidth 0
>
> This way new windows always get focus.

Well, that caused problems for other windows, like losing focus after
watching live TV. So, I finally found:

Style myth* NoTitle, NoHandles, Sticky, WindowListSkip, SloppyFocus, GrabFocus, BorderWidth 0

works correctly for everything.

--
Scott Elliott <selliott@insight.rr.com>