Mailing List Archive

MythVideoLAN??? MythStream?
I don't suppose anyone would care to tackle this?

I don't even pretend to understand how difficult this might be.
Re: MythVideoLAN??? MythStream? [ In reply to ]
Personally I added an item to the menu to run ffserver and do a killall on
it again.
Works really well, and as long as it isn't running when myth tries to record
it's fine.
I'm sure there are cleaner ways to do it, and if I was a programmer I'd add
a detect to kill it before starting recording, but hey.

Re: MythVideoLAN??? MythStream? [ In reply to ]
I think the best way to play recording over a LAN with MythTV would be to
create a small Linux distro that includes hardware autodetection and
MythFrontend, and boot it off the network...

Re: MythVideoLAN??? MythStream? [ In reply to ]
At 05:01 PM 6/12/2003 -0400, Albert Santoni wrote:
>I think the best way to play recording over a LAN with MythTV would be to
>create a small Linux distro that includes hardware autodetection and
>MythFrontend, and boot it off the network...

A variation on this idea (some sort of customized Myth distro with hardware
autodetect) gets suggested about once every 2 weeks. Consult the list
archives for a discussion of the details.

If you get something along these lines developed to the point where it is
testable, I'm sure many people here would be intersted in downloading and
trying it. Good luck.