Mailing List Archive

twm focus issues... possible fix?
I am having the same problem that the two previous posters on the
topic are having. Unfortunatley I am at work at the moment so can't
reply to the previous messages. It is a focus issue. Hopefully I
have found a solution. From reading the man page for twm it looks
like it defaults to the pointer focus (focus to window under the
pointer) unless f.focus is somewhere. So, two possibilities.

First: (probably more likely to work)
Set the binding for Button1 on the title bar to f.focus
Button1 = : title : f.focus
There is probably already a binding for this so you would just
change the end.

Second method:

Button1 = : title : f.function "click-focus-raise"

Function "click-focus-raise"
{
f.focus
f.raise
}
This one should probably work to... I'm not all that experienced
with window manager configuration. I will test them out when I get
home. Let me know if that helps you out.
Michael
Re: twm focus issues... possible fix? [ In reply to ]
The f.focus didn't really do anything. However, I think I found a few
things that significantly improved the loss of focus. I've attached the
.twmrc file for those interested.

THe only times I lose focus is when I try to delete a recorded show & when
I try to select Music with Mythmusic. Gallery, weather, exitingm and
watching TV work fine now.

-Rob