Again any/all help is appreciated.

--
Lonny
Re: Digital [ In reply to ]
Lonny Selinger wrote:

>I have a digital cable box, is it possible to use MythTV with a digital box?

Yes, and there is tons of discussion about that on the mailing list
archives.
Re: Digital [ In reply to ]
Lonny Selinger wrote:
> I have another (maybe) silly question ... I have a digital cable box, is it possible to use MythTV
> with a digital box? I'm guessing that if I can't take the feed right off the coax that I'd have to
> put the Myth box after the digital box but then for TV I'd be limited to whatever the signal was
> coming out of the box. I think only channels over 99 are actually digital but I figured I'd see if
> anyone has run into this at all.

You can use MythTV along with a cable box. You need an IR
transmitter that will work with LIRC to change channels on
the cable box. If your digital cable box has S-video out
(most do) you'll probably want to get a tv capture card
that has S-video in.

-- bjm