So if somebody could point me in the right direction I would be very
happy :-)

-Tako
Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
keys.txt in the mythtv source directory. Not sure about the
extension of the top of my head but the filename is keys ;-)
Michael
--- Tako Schotanus <quintesse@palacio-cristal.com> wrote:
> I'm probably just very blind but I haven't been able to find in
> the docs
> which keys can I use to control Myth?
<snip>

RE: Key controls [ In reply to ]
Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
Like I said: blind as a bat 8-)

Thanks!

Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
Don't feel bad, I had the same problem looking everywhere to try to
find them. To make myself look even worse, I had looked at this
file previously and couldn't remember where the list of keys was.

Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
Hmmm, but no that I take a look at it and try it out I still can't
change the volume of myth music?

The [ and ] to change volume for the TV app doesn't work for MythMusic
it seems.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
-Tako

Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
* Tako Schotanus <quintesse@palacio-cristal.com>

> Hmmm, but no that I take a look at it and try it out I still can't
> change the volume of myth music?
>
> The [ and ] to change volume for the TV app doesn't work for MythMusic
> it seems.
>
> Any more ideas?

Which version are you running? 0.9 was just released, and I believe it
does work there. I know for sure that it works with my cvs compile from
this morning, so unless it was added since last night (highly doubtful)
then it should be working in 0.9.
Re: Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
My 0.9 is from a couple of days ago, but when I asked what the
differences were nothing was mentioned about any keys.

But for you the [ and ] work for changing the volume in MythMusic?

-Tako

Re: Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 10 June 2003 06:36 pm, Tako Schotanus wrote:
> My 0.9 is from a couple of days ago, but when I asked what the
> differences were nothing was mentioned about any keys.

You're using CVS (not 0.9), and you're not on the commits list?

Isaac
Re: Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
Tako Schotanus wrote:
> My 0.9 is from a couple of days ago, but when I asked what the
> differences were nothing was mentioned about any keys.
>
> But for you the [ and ] work for changing the volume in MythMusic?

Sorry, the UI changes for mythmusic involved adding the
volume control ;-) You DO need to update mythtv, do a make
distclean, make, make install, update mythmusic, and make
install.

There was a fix earlier today for the volume control so you
do want to grab the current CVS versions of mythtv and
mythmusic.

-- bjm
Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
A: Because people read from top to bottom.
Q: Why is top posting bad.

(Quote has been moved to the bottom)

* Tako Schotanus <quintesse@palacio-cristal.com>

> Rob Rogers wrote:
>
>>* Tako Schotanus <quintesse@palacio-cristal.com>
>>

>>>Hmmm, but no that I take a look at it and try it out I still can't
>>>change the volume of myth music?
>>>
>>>The [ and ] to change volume for the TV app doesn't work for
>>>MythMusic
>>>it seems.
>>>
>>>Any more ideas?
>>>

>>Which version are you running? 0.9 was just released, and I believe it
>>does work there. I know for sure that it works with my cvs compile
>>from
>>this morning, so unless it was added since last night (highly
>>doubtful)
>>then it should be working in 0.9.
>
> My 0.9 is from a couple of days ago, but when I asked what the
> differences were nothing was mentioned about any keys.

0.9 was just released yesterday. No way you have 0.9 from a couple days
ago. You must have CVS (which was pre-0.9). Also, it has been recomended
that if you're going to run the cvs versions, you join the -dev and
-commits lists, so you know what's changing. People can't remember every
little change (and yes, this was a fairly small change) when they're
asked what's changed in a week.
RE: Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
Using 0.9 from CVS out of necessity (because of PVR-250).

I'll switch to the distribution the moment you publish 0.9.1 :-)

I'd normally stay away from CVS versions, but this project has made me
compile things to a degree never seen by me before (for linux that is):
ivtv, irman, lirc, alsa, myth and now I might need to do xfree86 as well
because of the support for the VIA CLE266 that is on my M-10000 board
(but I'm waiting one more day for to see if the promised pre-release
xfree86 rpms will be released ;-).

-Tako

RE: Re: Key controls [ In reply to ]
?versa vise and beginning the at end the put should we that of because
sO ;-)

I know what you're saying but it not a B/W situation IMHO.

Anyway, yes I use 0.9 from CVS because I was told to ;-)
It was the only way to get things to work with the PVR-250 that I own.
But of course I forgot that I was actually running a pssibly unstable
version from CVS.
But rest assured I've been led down the straight path again, I'll try
not to ask questions again I should not be asking ;-)