Mailing List Archive

GUI setup fails RH9.0, Myth0.8
I built MythTV 0.8 without any compile errors with Red
Hat 9.0. When I get to the ./setup program I get an
error about not finding "theme blue". It complains
about the theme then asks me if I want to remove
settings and then gives two more messages about the
missing theme:
Could not find theme: blue
Couldn't find theme blue

I am expecting to see a GUI window but the program
ends telling me to run mythfilldatabase. When I run
the mythfilldatabase it tells me to run the setup
program first.

There was a previous question on the exact same error
message and the response was to do the following
(which didnt work for me)

>Oops, the path command should be:
>PATH=/tmp/tmp:$PATH

> As root try the following:
>
> mkdir /tmp/tmp
> echo "#!/bin/sh" > /tmp/tmp/strip
> chmod 755 /tmp/tmp/strip
> PATH=/tmp/tmp/strip:$PATH
> export PATH
>

> Then cd into the mythtv build directory and do a
"make install"

I am sure the theme is in the
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes directory. Any new
ideas?

Noah

http://calendar.yahoo.com
Re: GUI setup fails RH9.0, Myth0.8 [ In reply to ]
I had the same problem. I eventually used the RPMs hosted at
http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/dist/rh9/mythtv/.

This installs files in different directories than the source package, and
the setup binary is /usr/bin/mythtvsetup (instead of
SOURCE_DIR/setup/setup). I also needed to move mysql.txt (from my original
source file installation attempt) into /usr/share/mythtv/.

-Al

on 6/10/03 6:31 AM, Noah at y_noah@yahoo.com sayeth:

> I built MythTV 0.8 without any compile errors with Red
> Hat 9.0. When I get to the ./setup program I get an
> error about not finding "theme blue". It complains
> about the theme then asks me if I want to remove
> settings and then gives two more messages about the
> missing theme:
> Could not find theme: blue
> Couldn't find theme blue
>
> I am expecting to see a GUI window but the program
> ends telling me to run mythfilldatabase. When I run
> the mythfilldatabase it tells me to run the setup
> program first.
>
> There was a previous question on the exact same error
> message and the response was to do the following
> (which didnt work for me)
>

>> Oops, the path command should be:
>> PATH=/tmp/tmp:$PATH
>
>> As root try the following:
>>
>> mkdir /tmp/tmp
>> echo "#!/bin/sh" > /tmp/tmp/strip
>> chmod 755 /tmp/tmp/strip
>> PATH=/tmp/tmp/strip:$PATH
>> export PATH

----
shobaffum@shobaffum.com

http://www.shobaffum.com
Mac IIci Page: http://www.shobaffum.com/iici/

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.