Mailing List Archive

MythTV and hyperthreading?
My company just got in a few of the new hyperthreaded 2.4Ghz p4
processors, and according to asus, the pundit supports hyperthreading
(on their main page, not on the product specs page - I'll need to check
the manual to be sure).

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed any speedups from
hyperthreaded procs. They're not true dual processor systems, since
they only have one fpu, etc., and database programs actually slow down
with hyperthreading enabled.. But some stuff should be faster - and
myth SHOULD as long as it has enough threads (running backend and
frontend on the same machine).

-Chris