Mailing List Archive

CVS compiles now failing
I updated CVS last night and things no longer compiling.
(should i be sending this to dev instead?)

I'm now getting the error:

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'. Stop.

I'm on gentoo with the latest stuff, btw..

Anyway, from browsing the cvs commits, it looks like one of jdanner's
changes last night was in the Makefile:

old (that compiled for me):

Makefile: mythtv.pro $(QTDIR)/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf
$(QMAKE) -o Makefile mythtv.pro

new:

Makefile: mythtv.pro $(QTDIR)/mkspecs/default/qmake.conf
$(QMAKE) -o Makefile mythtv.pro

The commit message (Added a logo for the 'Videos' button. Modified some
files to ensure the button is shown.) indicates that this might file
might have just been baggage..

Anyway, is this an error that I need to fix in my own setup, or what?

Kirby Vandivort Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo@ks.uiuc.edu 3051 Beckman Institute
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~kvandivo/ University of Illinois
Phone: (217) 244-5711 405 N. Mathews Ave
Fax : (217) 244-6078 Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Re: CVS compiles now failing [ In reply to ]
I just did a 'cd /usr/qt/3/mkspecs ; ln -s linux-g++ default' and it
compiled fine on my gentoo box. However, I'm having difficulty using the
frontend now. When I try to go to TV, the frontend exits and the backend
prints out 'unknown socket'.

Jon
Re: CVS compiles now failing [ In reply to ]
Ya. I had planned to do that if I needed to. I guess it's more of a
philosophical question.. Is this supposed to be done for 'qt' ? Is
'default' the `new convention', or should it be linux-g++ ? I could
see it being the preferred way, but I'm not a qt expert.

RE: CVS compiles now failing [ In reply to ]
The directory '$(QTDIR)/mkspecs/default' should be a symbolic link to your
chosen platform/compiler, in this case, probably 'linux-g++'. I thought the
Qt compile/install process (or package) was supposed to make this link, but
apparently not in your case. You can create it with:

cd $QTDIR/mkspecs
ln -s linux-g++ default

(You may need to be root to do this)

-JAC

Re: CVS compiles now failing [ In reply to ]
I am not a qt expert either, but it works. (a recompile seems to have fixed
the unknown socket problem. I have no idea what that was).

Re: CVS compiles now failing [ In reply to ]
Jonathan Kolb wrote:

>I am not a qt expert either, but it works. (a recompile seems to have fixed
>the unknown socket problem. I have no idea what that was).

FWIW, QT-3.1 on RedHat 9 has default as a symlink to linux-g++ out of
the box.