Mailing List Archive

Quite case/cpu fan (was Latest CVS EPG oddities)
On 5/29/2003, Jeff wrote:
> My biggest hardware issue at the moment is trying to figure out a)
> how to dramatically reduce the CPU and PS fan noise (some reading
> has revealed most of the noise is likely the CPU fan so I'm trying
> to locate a quiet one)

I have an Antec SLK2600AM case and the power supply that came in it.
I also have a Zalman cnps 3100. With just the power supply fan, and
the zalman fan on its regular setting (not "quiet mode"), you can
barely hear a thing from even a few feet away. I have an Athlon 2500
processor, and the couple times I've checked its temperature it's been
around 60 C or so.

> b) finding a black case in a desktop format that would be
> appropriate to displace my DVD player.

You could always spray paint something!

-Kristo