LIRC is installed and running; xmode2 shows a screen and when I push buttons
on the remote, I get a trace.

Where should I start looking?

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v |
| |
| Any problem can be solved with the proper application of |
| Force, Heat, Chemicals, or Money. |
RE: irxevent: could not connect to socket? [ In reply to ]
My guess would be that it's X-related, not /dev/lirc related... the 'socket'
might be the socket that the X-server listens on. Are you running X? Does
the user running irxevent have permission to access the X-display?

Of course, I could be way off base here... usually when you try to connect
to an X display that either isn't there or you don't have permission to
connect to, you get an error message directly from X, with some standard
wording. I guess it's worth a look, though.

-JAC

RE: irxevent: could not connect to socket? [ In reply to ]
Did you chmod 666 /dev/lircd ?