you care to describe your build/install process?

TIA,

JAC
Re: Myth on Cygwin [ In reply to ]
At 01:43 PM 5/28/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Has anyone built/used Myth (frontend) on Win32 with Cygwin? If so, would
>you care to describe your build/install process?

You reminded me of something else I wanted to ask. Are there any plans for
a Windows based front end? Anyone have any thoughts on that?

-Jeff
RE: Myth on Cygwin [ In reply to ]
To do a true Win32 frontend, you'd need the commercial version of Qt, for a
start. Otherwise, you need Cygwin to use the X11/free version of Qt. Hence
my question...

-JAC

RE: Myth on Cygwin [ In reply to ]
If the frontend were a port, then that would be the case.. but the front
end in no way needs to be a port.. There was some effort (i.e., my pie in
the sky attempts) to port the codec that myth uses over to windows.. With
no real knowledge, I failed miserably.. In thinking about this, I really
do believe that if a codec to play the .nuv files materialized, everything
else would *very* easily fall into place.. For example, you could add
another step to mythweb and have it launch the files to play in windows
media player.. That's an exceedingly simple way to look at it.. Still, I
see the single biggest obstacle at the moment being the codec..

In other news, the last time I tried to run myth on VMWare, the problem
was that it (myth) lacked the ability to function without XV, which VMWare
doesn't have.. Since, myth has gained this functionality, making vmware
yet another option..

tarek : )

RE: Myth on Cygwin [ In reply to ]
But Myth is about more than just playing .nuv files... note that I asked
"has anyone built/installed mythfrontend under Cygwin" not "has anyone
played a Myth .nuv file under Windows". I would like to be able to run the
frontend on any box I happen to have. I really like the Myth UI, and I
would like to be able to make every PC in the house (and maybe at work) into
a Myth front end, even those on which I can't install Linux for various
reasons.

-JAC

RE: Myth on Cygwin [ In reply to ]
Have you tried applying the NUV patches to the
win32 port of mplayer?

http://www2.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/

-Dennis

From: tarek Lubani <tarek@tarek.2y.net>