Mailing List Archive

MythWeb error
Other than installing php-mysql, is there anything else to do here? I
have run up2date on php, httpd, and php-mysql to ensure they were all
installed and up to date, and I still see the error described by Kaushik.

Thanks,

John

<kmallick2000@yahoo.com> said:
[...]
k> When I open mozilla and point to http://localhost/mythweb/I get the
k> following message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function:
k> mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/mythweb/db_open.php on line 20. I
k> checked and found that the php, php-imap and php-ldap packages have
k> been installed. Is there any setup I missed with php setup in
k> Apache in RedHat 8.0? Any suggestion will be helpful. Thanks.
Re: MythWeb error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 15:23, devale@computer.org wrote:
> Other than installing php-mysql, is there anything else to do here? I
> have run up2date on php, httpd, and php-mysql to ensure they were all
> installed and up to date, and I still see the error described by Kaushik.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

John,

find your php.ini file. Make sure you've got a line in it like this:

extension=mysql.so

and that it is uncommented. and restart apache. That should cure you.

===========================
Chris Ripp <chris@ripp.net>
Re: MythWeb error [ In reply to ]
That was it Chris, thanks a bunch...

John

Re: MythWeb Error [ In reply to ]
In message <41F763F6.2020706@sigtom.com>
Tom E. Craddock, Jr. <sigtom@sigtom.com> wrote:

> So...I know im some kinda idiot, just not sure which kind. I just
> cannot get any tbn to show up in MythWeb when I go to the Recorded
> Programs page. I get the following
>
> *Warning* at /var/www/html/includes/mythbackend.php, line 269:
> copy(image_cache/1007_20050125220000_20050125230000.nuv.png): failed
> to open stream: Permission denied
>
> Ive searched thru the mailing list and made sure that any errors
> others have had with this arent what Im getting. Ive made sure that
> apache/apache is the one running the web server. Ive made a symlink
> in the www/html dir to the dir that holds my recorded shows, but still
> no go. Anyone have any tips, hints, or old posts that I missed that
> would be helpful?

First question - does apache/apache have search permission to that
directory and read permission to that file.

Second question - are you running FC3 or something else that has
selinux enabled. If so then try turning it off.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/
Re: MythWeb Error [ In reply to ]
Jordack wrote:
> When i try to load up mythweb in my browser i get this
>
> Fatal Error at
> /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line
> 166:
> Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
> 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 26':

I got this when I did an apt-get upgrade last night, after having
tweaked the files as required for the new MythWeb. I noticed that
MythWeb had been updated but not the rest of the Mythtv suite. I then
took the plunge and did an apt-get dist-upgrade and the problem went away.
Re: MythWeb Error [ In reply to ]
> When i try to load up mythweb in my browser i get this
>
> Fatal Error at
> /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/mythbackend.php, line
> 166:
> Unexpected response to MYTH_PROTO_VERSION
> 'MYTH_PROTO_VERSION 26':

You're running incompatible versions of mythweb/mythbackend.

> ----/var/log/httpd/error_log
> PHP Notice: Undefined index: PATH_INFO in
> /var/www/html/mythweb/includes/init.php on line 37

That's just a notice, not an error. Ignore it.

> I looked into the ../mythweb/config/config.conf There
> does seem to be anythign i need to change

Most config is now in .htaccess, btw.

-Chris
Re: Mythweb Error [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Kelly Reed Schuerman <krschuerman@gmail.com
> wrote:

> After a recent PHP update I can no longer access Mythweb. I'm seeing
> these errors in the apache error log.
>
> <b>Fatal error</b>: Unknown: Cannot use both zlib.output_compression
>
> Is anyone familiar with this error and have a solution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sherm

Im assuming your using ubuntu and this might be helpful..

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php5/+bug/329053
Re: Mythweb Error [ In reply to ]
I also followed post #9, no ill effects that I've seen yet.

Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/2009 02:39 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> Getting a bunch of these when going to various recordings/scheduling pages
> on Mythweb:
>
> *Error* at
> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php, line
> 117:
> strftime() [function.strftime<http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime>]:
> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required*
> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
> *Error* at
> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php, line
> 119:
>
> strftime() [function.strftime<http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime>]:
> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required*
> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
> ***Error* at
> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/recorded.php, line
> 281:
> strftime() [function.strftime<http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/function.strftime>]:
> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required*
> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>

> Checking in with los expertos before I go and edit the various .php pages
> and surely fudge things up further hehe.

Are you (or your distro scripts or ...) setting the TZ variable to some
(broken) value ("EST/-5.0/no DST") when starting mythbackend or apache?

Mike
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/11/2009 02:39 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
>
>> Getting a bunch of these when going to various recordings/scheduling pages
>> on Mythweb:
>>
>> *Error* at
>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php, line
>> 117:
>> strftime() [function.strftime<
>> http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime
>> >]:
>>
>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>> *required*
>> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
>> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
>> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
>> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>> *Error* at
>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php, line
>> 119:
>>
>> strftime() [function.strftime<
>> http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime
>> >]:
>>
>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>> *required*
>> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
>> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
>> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
>> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>> ***Error* at
>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/recorded.php,
>> line
>> 281:
>> strftime() [function.strftime<
>> http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/function.strftime>]:
>>
>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>> *required*
>> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
>> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
>> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
>> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>>

>> Checking in with los expertos before I go and edit the various .php pages
>> and surely fudge things up further hehe.
>>

> Are you (or your distro scripts or ...) setting the TZ variable to some
> (broken) value ("EST/-5.0/no DST") when starting mythbackend or apache?
>
> Mike

Hmm, the only timezone line I can ever recall changing on the box is from my
/etc/rc.conf:

LOCALE="en_US.utf8"
HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
TIMEZONE="Canada/Eastern"

Bob
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
Bobby Gill wrote:
> Getting a bunch of these when going to various recordings/scheduling
> pages on Mythweb:
>
> *Error* at
> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php,
> line 117:
> strftime() [function.strftime
> <http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime>]:
> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
> *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for
> 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>
> *Error* at
> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php,
> line 119:
>
> strftime() [function.strftime
> <http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime>]:
> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
> *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for
> 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>
> ** *Error* at
> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/recorded.php,
> line 281:
> strftime() [function.strftime
> <http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/function.strftime>]: It is
> not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required*
> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still
> getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone
> identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>

> Checking in with los expertos before I go and edit the various .php
> pages and surely fudge things up further hehe.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

I seem to remember getting something similar after upgrading PHP, I had
to explicitly set the date.timezone value in my /etc/php/php.ini file :

<snip>
[Date]
date.timezone = Europe/London
</snip>

HTH
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/2009 05:51 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 11/11/2009 02:39 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
>>
>>> Getting a bunch of these when going to various recordings/scheduling pages
>>> on Mythweb:
>>>
>>> *Error* at
>>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php, line
>>> 117:
>>> strftime() [function.strftime<
>>> http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime

>>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>>> *required*
>>> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
>>> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
>>> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
>>> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>>> *Error* at
>>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php, line
>>> 119:
>>>
>>> strftime() [function.strftime<
>>> http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime

>>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>>> *required*
>>> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
>>> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
>>> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
>>> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>>> ***Error* at
>>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/recorded.php,
>>> line
>>> 281:
>>> strftime() [function.strftime<
>>> http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/function.strftime>]:
>>>
>>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>>> *required*
>>> to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
>>> function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting
>>> this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We
>>> selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>>>

>>> Checking in with los expertos before I go and edit the various .php pages
>>> and surely fudge things up further hehe.
>>>

>> Are you (or your distro scripts or ...) setting the TZ variable to some
>> (broken) value ("EST/-5.0/no DST") when starting mythbackend or apache?
> Hmm, the only timezone line I can ever recall changing on the box is from my
> /etc/rc.conf:
>
> LOCALE="en_US.utf8"
> HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
> TIMEZONE="Canada/Eastern"

Not a time zone line, but a TZ environment variable.

Mike
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/2009 05:51 PM, Drew Gilbert wrote:
> Bobby Gill wrote:
>> Getting a bunch of these when going to various recordings/scheduling
>> pages on Mythweb:
>>
>> *Error* at
>> /home/bobby2/public_html/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php,
>> line 117:
>> strftime() [function.strftime
>> <http://bobgill.bounceme.net:1758/mythweb/tv/detail/1042/function.strftime>]:
>> It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are
>> *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
>> date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those
>> methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely
>> misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York'
>> for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
>>
>> Checking in with los expertos before I go and edit the various .php
>> pages and surely fudge things up further hehe.
> I seem to remember getting something similar after upgrading PHP, I
> had to explicitly set the date.timezone value in my /etc/php/php.ini
> file :
>
> <snip>
> [Date]
> date.timezone = Europe/London
> </snip>

That would make sense. There's no way that Myth's time zone detection
could ever return "EST/-5.0/no DST" unless someone set that (nonsense)
value in a TZ environment variable.

However, PHP has its own time zone detection functionality--and I can't
guarantee its behavior like I can Myth's time zone detection behavior. :)

Mike
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/2009 05:55 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/11/2009 05:51 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
>> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> Are you (or your distro scripts or ...) setting the TZ variable to some
>>> (broken) value ("EST/-5.0/no DST") when starting mythbackend or apache?
>> Hmm, the only timezone line I can ever recall changing on the box is
>> from my
>> /etc/rc.conf:
>>
>> LOCALE="en_US.utf8"
>> HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
>> TIMEZONE="Canada/Eastern"
> Not a time zone line, but a TZ environment variable.

Can you run:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/5319/myth_time_zone.pl
and post the output, please?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 11/11/2009 05:55 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

>>> Hmm, the only timezone line I can ever recall changing on the box is from
>>> my
>>> /etc/rc.conf:
>>>
>>> LOCALE="en_US.utf8"
>>> HARDWARECLOCK="localtime"
>>> TIMEZONE="Canada/Eastern"
>>>
>> Not a time zone line, but a TZ environment variable.
>>

> Can you run:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/5319/myth_time_zone.pland post the output, please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

└─> ./myth_time_zone.pl
Use of uninitialized value $offset in concatenation (.) or string at ./
myth_time_zone.pl line 44.
Use of uninitialized value $time in concatenation (.) or string at ./
myth_time_zone.pl line 44.
Current Timezone Information
id: UNKNOWN_COMMAND
offset:
time:

Also, I went into the /etc/php/php.ini file and edited the line

;date.timezone =

date.timezone = Canada/Toronto

Restarted httpd+mythbackend but still no go..

Thanks
Bob
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/2009 06:21 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com>wrote:

>>> Not a time zone line, but a TZ environment variable.
>> Can you run:
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/raw-attachment/ticket/5319/myth_time_zone.pland post the output, please?
> └─> ./myth_time_zone.pl
> Use of uninitialized value $offset in concatenation (.) or string at ./
> myth_time_zone.pl line 44.
> Use of uninitialized value $time in concatenation (.) or string at ./
> myth_time_zone.pl line 44.
> Current Timezone Information
> id: UNKNOWN_COMMAND
> offset:
> time:

So, I take it this is a 0.21-fixes system (at least the backend)?

Mike
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]

> So, I take it this is a 0.21-fixes system (at least the backend)?
>

> Mike

Oh yeah, probably should've stated that, it is indeed 0.21 both my FE and BE
boxes.

Bob
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/11/2009 07:43 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:
>> So, I take it this is a 0.21-fixes system (at least the backend)?
> Oh yeah, probably should've stated that, it is indeed 0.21 both my FE and BE
> boxes.

Well, on the bright side, that makes me (and probably Rob Smith) feel
much more confident of the MythTV time zone detection and MythWeb time
zone configuration code that's /only/ in 0.22-fixes and above.

On the not-so-bright side, I have no idea what might be causing the
issue for you--especially after setting php.timezone. Perhaps now might
be a good time to upgrade to 0.22-fixes? :)

(Oh, and just in case, I'll mention that you can't mix and match
versions, so if your MythWeb happens to be a 0.22-fixes MythWeb and your
master backend is 0.21-fixes, you'd get all sorts of problems--this may
actually be one of them.)

Mike
Re: Mythweb error [ In reply to ]

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:51 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com>wrote:

On 11/11/2009 07:43 PM, Bobby Gill wrote:

>> So, I take it this is a 0.21-fixes system (at least the backend)?
>>>
>> Oh yeah, probably should've stated that, it is indeed 0.21 both my FE and
>> BE
>> boxes.
>>

> Well, on the bright side, that makes me (and probably Rob Smith) feel much
> more confident of the MythTV time zone detection and MythWeb time zone
> configuration code that's /only/ in 0.22-fixes and above.
>
> On the not-so-bright side, I have no idea what might be causing the issue
> for you--especially after setting php.timezone. Perhaps now might be a good
> time to upgrade to 0.22-fixes? :)
>
> (Oh, and just in case, I'll mention that you can't mix and match versions,
> so if your MythWeb happens to be a 0.22-fixes MythWeb and your master
> backend is 0.21-fixes, you'd get all sorts of problems--this may actually be
> one of them.)
>

> Mike

No sweat Mike, long as this isn't a biggie (and it isn't from what I can
tell, my entire Myth system has been working just fine, the error does
nothing more than force a lot of extra scrolling on some Mythweb pages ;) ),
I'm just awaiting .22 to be popped onto my distro's package manager. Thanks
a lot for the help.

Bob
Re: MythWeb error [ In reply to ]
On 05/05/2018 04:52 PM, Scott Bickford wrote:
> I'm on version fixes/29.0.
>
> When trying to click on a recording, I get 4007_20180504230000.ts does not exist in any recognized storage group directories for this host.
>

> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from storagegroup where groupname = "Default" order by hostname;
> +----+-----------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
> | id | groupname | hostname              | dirname                   |
> +----+-----------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
> |  8 | Default   | localhost.localdomain | /mnt/storage1/recordings/ |
> |  3 | Default   | localhost.localdomain | /storage/recordings/      |
> +----+-----------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
>
> I double checked permissions:
>

> [root@localhost recordings]# ls /mnt/storage1/recordings/4007_20180504230000.ts -alh
>
> -rwxrwxr-x. 1 mythtv mythtv 2.0G May  4 19:30 4007_20180504230000.ts
>
> The /storage/recordings videos seem to work ok.

Does the output of this make sense for that recording:

SELECT title,chanid,starttime,hostname,basename,storagegroup FROM recorded WHERE basename='4007_20180504230000.ts';

You could replace basename with chanid and starttime if basename doesn't
match anything.

--
Bill
Re: MythWeb error [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 5 May 2018 17:52:28 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm on version fixes/29.0.
>
>When trying to click on a recording, I get 4007_20180504230000.ts does not
>exist in any recognized storage group directories for this host.
>

>MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from storagegroup where groupname =
>"Default" order by hostname;
>+----+-----------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
>| id | groupname | hostname | dirname |
>+----+-----------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
>| 8 | Default | localhost.localdomain | /mnt/storage1/recordings/ |
>| 3 | Default | localhost.localdomain | /storage/recordings/ |
>+----+-----------+-----------------------+---------------------------+
>
>I double checked permissions:
>

>[root@localhost recordings]# ls
>/mnt/storage1/recordings/4007_20180504230000.ts -alh
>
>-rwxrwxr-x. 1 mythtv mythtv 2.0G May 4 19:30 4007_20180504230000.ts
>
>The /storage/recordings videos seem to work ok.
>
>Scott

If you play the recording from mythfrontend, does it work? What are
the permissions on the /mnt and /mnt/storage1 and
/mnt/storage1/recordings directories? They also need to allow access.
Re: mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:59 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> Did I miss something?

I am guessing that some did not fully read
the release notes for 21.10 where the default
php is now php 8.0 (to prep for the 22.04 LTS
release next year). Mythweb does not
support php 8.0, and unless someone
contributes fixes it likely never will, as mythweb
is marked as deprecated to be replaced with
a new (and improved?) internal web service
in the next release.

I believe it is possible to install a previous
release of php (7.4?) in 21.10 using a 3rd
party repository, but an alternative may be
to just build a container with apache and the
backlevel php along with mythweb.
Re: mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On 11/2/21 10:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:59 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Did I miss something?
> I am guessing that some did not fully read
> the release notes for 21.10 where the default
> php is now php 8.0 (to prep for the 22.04 LTS
> release next year). Mythweb does not
> support php 8.0, and unless someone
> contributes fixes it likely never will, as mythweb
> is marked as deprecated to be replaced with
> a new (and improved?) internal web service
> in the next release.
>
> I believe it is possible to install a previous
> release of php (7.4?) in 21.10 using a 3rd
> party repository, but an alternative may be
> to just build a container with apache and the
> backlevel php along with mythweb.

Thanks, I didn't make the connection between all the versions of
underlying software that goes into a release/application.

My problem is my hardware is too new for *buntu 20.04 so I have to find
a balance between release and kernel version.

I know that Linux Mint 20 will work if I use the 5.11 kernel. I think it
uses the older php 7.*

I did try localhost:6544 and that worked but at this point can't do what
mythweb can do.

Thanks again,

Jim A

Re: mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 5:45 AM Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/2/21 10:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:59 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Did I miss something?
> > I am guessing that some did not fully read
> > the release notes for 21.10 where the default
> > php is now php 8.0 (to prep for the 22.04 LTS
> > release next year). Mythweb does not
> > support php 8.0, and unless someone
> > contributes fixes it likely never will, as mythweb
> > is marked as deprecated to be replaced with
> > a new (and improved?) internal web service
> > in the next release.
> >
> > I believe it is possible to install a previous
> > release of php (7.4?) in 21.10 using a 3rd
> > party repository, but an alternative may be
> > to just build a container with apache and the
> > backlevel php along with mythweb.
>
> Thanks, I didn't make the connection between all the versions of
> underlying software that goes into a release/application.
>
> My problem is my hardware is too new for *buntu 20.04 so I have to find
> a balance between release and kernel version.
>
> I know that Linux Mint 20 will work if I use the 5.11 kernel. I think it
> uses the older php 7.*
>
> I did try localhost:6544 and that worked but at this point can't do what
> mythweb can do.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Jim A

I just found out that the latest install media for Ubuntu 20.04
installs the 5.11 kernel by default so I'm good just using 20.04 on Mythtv
systems.

Jim A
Re: mythweb error [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 3 Nov 2021 06:26:48 -0400, you wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 5:45 AM Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 11/2/21 10:21 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

>> > I am guessing that some did not fully read
>> > the release notes for 21.10 where the default
>> > php is now php 8.0 (to prep for the 22.04 LTS
>> > release next year). Mythweb does not
>> > support php 8.0, and unless someone
>> > contributes fixes it likely never will, as mythweb
>> > is marked as deprecated to be replaced with
>> > a new (and improved?) internal web service
>> > in the next release.
>> >
>> > I believe it is possible to install a previous
>> > release of php (7.4?) in 21.10 using a 3rd
>> > party repository, but an alternative may be
>> > to just build a container with apache and the
>> > backlevel php along with mythweb.
>>
>> Thanks, I didn't make the connection between all the versions of
>> underlying software that goes into a release/application.
>>
>> My problem is my hardware is too new for *buntu 20.04 so I have to find
>> a balance between release and kernel version.
>>
>> I know that Linux Mint 20 will work if I use the 5.11 kernel. I think it
>> uses the older php 7.*
>>
>> I did try localhost:6544 and that worked but at this point can't do what
>> mythweb can do.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Jim A
>>

>I just found out that the latest install media for Ubuntu 20.04
>installs the 5.11 kernel by default so I'm good just using 20.04 on Mythtv
>systems.
>
>Jim A

And if you have an older Ubuntu 20.04 install, you can just install
the HWE kernel packages to get the 5.11 kernels. The current download
version of Ubuntu 20.04 is Ubuntu 20.04.3, which comes with the HWE
kernel already installed.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

I had to do that to get support for my new AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor
and Asus ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming motherboard.