Mailing List Archive

MPlayer 0.90 released. Patch still works.
From Slashdot:

MPlayer 0.90 released; MPlayer Maintainer Leaves
Posted by timothy on Tuesday April 08, @03:10AM
from the plays-what-you-throw-at-it dept.
Viqsi writes "459 days after the previous stable release, the MPlayer
folks have finally released stable version 0.90 . With this done, A'rpi
(th head maintainer) is leaving the project, citing
too-much-free-time-forever-lost issues, and the team is looking closely
at revising the way the project is managed as a result. Here's hoping
some improvements come out of this."
----

I just compiled it under Red Hat 9 with Matt's rc5 patch and things
work fine.

--Mike
RE:MPlayer 0.90 released. Patch still works. [ In reply to ]
Hi everybody!

I was trying to get the patch applied to mplayer .90 running to watch recording from myth and did the following:

Download the patch from here:

http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu:8088/~mdz/mythtv/

I replaced the "MPlayer-0.90rc5" reference and change them to "MPlayer-0.90" (The attched file is the modified vesion) and then applied the patch
as follows: patch < mplayer-0.90rc5-mythtv-20030407.diff.txt (in one case) and in a different machine I tried patch -p0 < mplayer-0.90rc5-mythtv-20030407.diff.txt

I got a message saying that it patched 3 files...and when I runned mplayer, after compiling and all that, its telling me that the format is not recognized by mplayer.

What am I doing wrong? Should I apply the patch differently?

Thanks in advance!

Roberto

RE:MPlayer 0.90 released. Patch still works. [ In reply to ]
I finally got it working.

But in two different machines when I watch a nuv file with mplayer the video gets scrambled randomly. Every few seconds a crazy pattern of green squares covers the image and after some frames it goes away. Has anybody else notice something like that? When I tried using mcoder to convert it worked great but the weird pattern was getting transfer as well.

Any thoughts about it? Is it because maybe I'm using and old patch? Might it be because of the compression method I'm using?

By the way, somebody mention that he was working on a script that would take shows three days or older and automatically converting them to avi format and taking them out of the DB. Does anybody now where to find this script? I've been looking at gossamer and I can't find it. Not even the email I thought I read. :(

Thanks!

Roberto