had sleepless nights over this :) )

Thanks,

Dennis
Re: Terratec Cinergy 400 doesn't seem to work help please :( [ In reply to ]
B. D. Hadderingh wrote:
> I've bought the terratec cinergy 400 but the audio doesn't seem to work.
>
> I've applied all the patches from bytesex.org but when I load the module
> it doesn't seem to register the audio chip. The sound does work with
> XawTV with the patch through cable but when I start a live TV stream in
> mythtv it stays silent until I escape from the live tv feed. Then the
> audio does come up (through the patch through cable.....)
>
> Am I forgetting something ??? Can someone please help me. I'm not a
> complete newbie at this stuff I just think that I am overlooking
> something and I can't seem to get to the source of the problem.... (have
> had sleepless nights over this :) )

What you are hearing in xawtv is the realtime analog audio.
For MythTV to record then playback, the audio needs to be
digitized with the DSP Capture device. See:

Setting up capture and a shot of brandy should get you a good
nights sleep tonight.

-- bjm
RE: Terratec Cinergy 400 doesn't seem to work help please :( [ In reply to ]
> B. D. Hadderingh wrote:
> > I've bought the terratec cinergy 400 but the audio doesn't seem to
> > work.
> >
> > I've applied all the patches from bytesex.org but when I load the
> > module
> > it doesn't seem to register the audio chip. The sound does
> work with
> > XawTV with the patch through cable but when I start a live
> TV stream in
> > mythtv it stays silent until I escape from the live tv
> feed. Then the
> > audio does come up (through the patch through cable.....)
> >
> > Am I forgetting something ??? Can someone please help me. I'm not a
> > complete newbie at this stuff I just think that I am overlooking
> > something and I can't seem to get to the source of the
> problem.... (have
> > had sleepless nights over this :) )
>
> What you are hearing in xawtv is the realtime analog audio.
> For MythTV to record then playback, the audio needs to be
> digitized with the DSP Capture device. See:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-18.html#ss18.11
>
> Setting up capture and a shot of brandy should get you a good nights
sleep tonight.

> -- bjm

Thanks for your advise but I tried that like a million times. The
Terratec driver doesn't seem to create the /dev/dsp1 and /dev/mixer1
that I need. It only creates the /dev/video0 and /dev/vbi0.

Dennis

Re: Terratec Cinergy 400 doesn't seem to work help please :( [ In reply to ]
I use this line in my modules file with a cinergy 400, but It can be
used with modprobe aswell:

saa7134 card=8 oss=1 mixer_nr=3 dsp_nr=3

Which occupies /dev/dsp2 and /dev/mixer2 for the audiochip, no need for
linein or other things. I guess you have to create those files with
makedev if you arent using devfs.

Cheers,
Joel

RE: Terratec Cinergy 400 doesn't seem to work help please :( [ In reply to ]
Thanks Joel its working now :)

Thanks you very very much