stored in a separate file?

Cheers,

Roy
Re: why are the mythtv stream files different from standard codecs? [ In reply to ]
Hi Roy,

Check out: http://www.mythtv.org/modules.php?name=MythInfo

Read the fourth paragraph. It's explained there.

That said however, I hope the "powers that be" keep a continual watch on the
maturation of the standard codecs and if they get "close" to the performance
of the modified NuppleVideo codec, that they switch over and use a standard.
Someday, maybe we'll be encoding using a standard codec which would be
great.

Thanks,
JC