Anyone take the plunge and try out the new Nvidia drivers released this
week? Any problems with the new drivers and MythTV?

--Jeff
Re: New Nvidia Drivers [ In reply to ]
I installed them last night. They seem to work fine.
It didn't have any problems compiling for the -ac3
kernel I'm running.

A quick run of glxgears didn't show any performance
improvement, which is also what linuxhardware.org is
saying after running some game tests.

./jj

http://tax.yahoo.com
Re: New Nvidia Drivers [ In reply to ]
I installed the new drivers and things are working just great with
MythTV. FYI, I'm running Redhat 8.0

Patrick

Re: New Nvidia Drivers [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 03 April 2003 03:33 pm, jeff@burstable.net wrote:
> Anyone take the plunge and try out the new Nvidia drivers released this
> week? Any problems with the new drivers and MythTV?

Turn on render accel (add: Option "RenderAccel" "1" to your xf86 config file)
for a rather nice boost to speed.. The new drivers also fix some Xv scaling
bugs, so, all-in-all, I'd say it's a fairly nice release.

Isaac
RE: New Nvidia Drivers [ In reply to ]
I'd like to know if anyone has been able to get the new overscan option
to work. I've been asking around for any information on what encoders
are supported (my Phillips 7108 is not supported) since I have a few
friends I could swap boards with if they had an encoder that worked.

I think maybe my board is a "special" one since it has this VIVO stuff
(you can capture video with it, albeit very poorly.)