with the same error, but no solutions. Let me know if you need more
details.

--Colin
RE: audio problem [ In reply to ]
I had the same thing and found that my mixer settings were not setup
right.
Did you use alsamixer or kmix. Some people have had problems with kmix.
With the many re installs I have done, sometimes kmix works, sometimes I
have to use alsamixer.

Make sure that you are pointing to you correct sound card /dev/dsp ??

Cheers...