http://www.jerfu.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery

Let me know what you think....

Jeremy
RE: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
I've been thinking about working on something like this for a while. Looks
good, although on the page that lists all of the themes, I am having a hard
time separating the descriptions and ratings from theme to theme. An extra
space between each theme listing would help that.

Also, you forgot my colorbars theme! :)

Anyway, my "big" idea was to make it scalable enough so, if it was ever
wanted, someone could write another MythModule for checking the online
gallery for themes.

Good job, though. You beat me to the punch :)

Nate
Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
Great job Jeremy. I am gonna try out GreenQuatch first thing when I get
home tonight. Just wondering, what's the limitation on how many buttons it
will show on the screen? I'm up to nearly 8 now. Thanks
--
Jason Ramey
webmaster@permutation.org

Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
On Monday 17 February 2003 10:28 am, Jason Ramey wrote:
> Great job Jeremy. I am gonna try out GreenQuatch first thing when I get
> home tonight. Just wondering, what's the limitation on how many buttons it
> will show on the screen? I'm up to nearly 8 now. Thanks

6 buttons on screen, max.

Isaac
RE: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
Nathan Ziarek said:
> I've been thinking about working on something like this for a while.
> Looks good, although on the page that lists all of the themes, I am
> having a hard time separating the descriptions and ratings from theme to
> theme. An extra space between each theme listing would help that.

I just looked at it and saw what you mean. I've added a few lines of
white space between each theme. I also aligned the theme thumbnail with
the TOP instead of CENTER, which makes it a little easier to read, IMO.
Thanks for pointing that out!

> Also, you forgot my colorbars theme! :)

Just added it ;) I also gave you props for the background that I
greened-up for GreensQuatch :)

> Anyway, my "big" idea was to make it scalable enough so, if it was ever
> wanted, someone could write another MythModule for checking the online
> gallery for themes.

If someone *does* want to do this, warn me first. I have a habit of
moving stuff around, but if I know that a module is coded to my website,
I'll make sure to NOT move stuff around :)

> Good job, though. You beat me to the punch :)

Thanks! And thanks for your feedback.
Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
Hrm, I got 8 on mine using GreenQuatch.

--
Jason Ramey
webmaster@permutation.org

Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 18 February 2003 12:08 pm, Jason Ramey wrote:
> Hrm, I got 8 on mine using GreenQuatch.

Right, but you won't get 8 on everything. The layout stuff is designed for 6
buttons.

Isaac
Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
>> On Monday 17 February 2003 10:28 am, Jason Ramey wrote:
>>> Great job Jeremy. I am gonna try out GreenQuatch first thing when I
>>> get home tonight. Just wondering, what's the limitation on how many
>>> buttons it
>>> will show on the screen? I'm up to nearly 8 now. Thanks
>>
>> 6 buttons on screen, max.
>>
>> Isaac

> Hrm, I got 8 on mine using GreenQuatch.

Yeah, it really depends on how much room you allocate to the button area.
GreensQuatch it pretty simple, so I opened up a lot of room for buttons.
You won't be able to get 8 buttons on all the themes.

I think that Isaac would like all the menu pages to have no more than 6
buttons so that the menus will work under *all* themes. Sure, you can put
8 buttons on GreensQuatch but you'll have problems with some of the other
themes.
Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
Yah, I've got DVD & SVCD added to my main menu, since they require
different mplayer commandlines than videos. I guess I should add them to
the video submenu. Just to make sure, there isn't an already available way
to play DVDs and SVCDs from MythTV, correct?

--
Jason Ramey
webmaster@permutation.org

Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
Jason Ramey said:
> Yah, I've got DVD & SVCD added to my main menu, since they require
> different mplayer commandlines than videos. I guess I should add them to
> the video submenu. Just to make sure, there isn't an already available
> way to play DVDs and SVCDs from MythTV, correct?

Not to my knowledge...which stinks because I can't seem to get mplayer to
read my DVDs correctly (of course, I'm doing something wrong I'm sure).
Re: New Themes Gallery [ In reply to ]
Dunno if it's helpful at all, but here's how i do it:

<snip>
#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0.0
/usr/local/bin/mplayer -fs -nolirc -zoom -quiet -dvd 1
</snip>

nothing you can't find in the manuals, but maybe it's helpful.

--
Jason Ramey
webmaster@permutation.org