Mailing List Archive

TV Tuner Card Suggestions?
Am I understanding that the ATi TV Wonder is still a good capture card
for MythTV? I've reviewed the database at Mark Cooper's site and the
TvWonder appears to be the most commonly used.

I'm about to make my purchase.
Re: TV Tuner Card Suggestions? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 10:34:27AM -0600, Mark Petryk wrote:
> Am I understanding that the ATi TV Wonder is still a good capture card
> for MythTV? I've reviewed the database at Mark Cooper's site and the
> TvWonder appears to be the most commonly used.

I'm happy with mine. I have an older model with separate
composite/S-video/audio connectors on the faceplate, and a newer model
with a single connector + separate breakout box. The newer model's PC
board is about half the size of the older one, so it might fit into an
extra-small case with a bit of faceplate hacksawing.

(I prefer the separate connectors in my setup; email me off-list if
anyone wants to trade one for a newer breakout-box model.)

--
Eric C. Cooper e c c @ c m u . e d u