I decided to put together a theme inspired by a TiVo screen shot I saw.
Not sure if it will be of any interest to you all, but I'm posting it up
on the themes gallery at:
http://www.jerfu.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery

I haven't had time to send it to a real TV, so I don't know how it'll
react to NTSC/PAL gamma levels. I also don't totally know if the colors
will work well on a TV. Please let me know what you think.

Jeremy
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
I like this theme. It's "zesty".

I'll let you know what it looks like on my tv after I finish compiling...

Thanks for doing it.

Larry

Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
Larry Matter said:
> I like this theme. It's "zesty".

Hee Hee. Yeah, it is a bit zesty, ain't it :)

> I'll let you know what it looks like on my tv after I finish
> compiling...

Cool. Thanks a bunch.
RE: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
That looks well cool....

Ralphy

I decided to put together a theme inspired by a TiVo screen shot I saw.
Not sure if it will be of any interest to you all, but I'm posting it up
on the themes gallery at:
http://www.jerfu.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery

I haven't had time to send it to a real TV, so I don't know how it'll
react to NTSC/PAL gamma levels. I also don't totally know if the colors
will work well on a TV. Please let me know what you think.

Jeremy

----------
Our communications with you matter to us. This e-mail and any attachments
are confidential and are sent on the basis of our copyright, e-mail and
security policy which can be inspected at our website at
http://www.tribaldata.co.uk/html/contact.html#6. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete this message. Thank you.
----------
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 20:40, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> Hey all--
>
> I decided to put together a theme inspired by a TiVo screen shot I saw.
> Not sure if it will be of any interest to you all, but I'm posting it up
> on the themes gallery at:
> http://www.jerfu.com/modules.php?name=My_eGallery
>
> I haven't had time to send it to a real TV, so I don't know how it'll
> react to NTSC/PAL gamma levels. I also don't totally know if the colors
> will work well on a TV. Please let me know what you think.

Looks really cool, definately wake me up in the morning (Arrgh it's Bright!).

There is a minor issue though, MythGallery and MythWeather look strange because
they put stuff on top of the logo you have. (Oh and the EPG)

:D
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
>> I'll let you know what it looks like on my tv after I finish
>> compiling...
>>
> Cool. Thanks a bunch.

It looks nice, but the yellow letters on the blue background look a little
fuzzy. Not sure what causes that.

My TV is not that great; it's a 13" one I bought pretty much just for
futzing around with TV out.

But nice work, I'm staying with this theme for now.
Larry
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
RE: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
Actually, Iulius is inspired by the TiVo screen too, just not to the same
degree.

You've done some really nice work, though. I was going to ask...on your
site, if I update the theme at all, can I update it on your site, or do I
have to resubmit it.

Later today I am going to take the themes off of my site (still getting a
few hits) and redirect them to Jerfu (if that's cool). No sense in having a
number of different locations to get the themes...

Nate
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 18 February 2003 08:22 am, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> Actually, Iulius is inspired by the TiVo screen too, just not to the same
> degree.
>
> You've done some really nice work, though. I was going to ask...on your
> site, if I update the theme at all, can I update it on your site, or do I
> have to resubmit it.
>
> Later today I am going to take the themes off of my site (still getting a
> few hits) and redirect them to Jerfu (if that's cool). No sense in having a
> number of different locations to get the themes...

I'd almost rather have something I can host on mythtv.org <hint hint>. =)

Isaac
RE: Another new MythTV theme... tutorial? [ In reply to ]
Is there a theme tutorial? I have a few designs, but they are in photoshop
still.

How do I get theme into a theme?

Thanks,

-- Brian

Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
Drew Whittle said:
> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 20:40, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
>> Hey all--
>>
>> I decided to put together a theme inspired by a TiVo screen shot I
>> saw. Not sure if it will be of any interest to you all, but I'm
[...SNIP...]

> Looks really cool, definately wake me up in the morning (Arrgh it's
> Bright!).

Yeah. It's funny, I'd never choose those colors...I just decided to
follow TiVos lead :) I could take the whole thing and zap some of the
luma out (bring the gamma down a few points). That would probably be the
best thing. I agree...it's pretty damn bright :)

> There is a minor issue though, MythGallery and MythWeather look strange
> because they put stuff on top of the logo you have. (Oh and the EPG)

I'm well ahead of ya. I expressed my interest for having multiple
backgrounds for a theme--that way, I can tell the EPG, gallery, setup, and
weather to use a plain BG (one without the 3D TV and black box).

Thanks for the comments.

Jeremy
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
Larry Matter said:
>>> I'll let you know what it looks like on my tv after I finish
>>> compiling...
>>>
>> Cool. Thanks a bunch.
>
> It looks nice, but the yellow letters on the blue background look a
> little fuzzy. Not sure what causes that.

I had a feeling it would do that. I think it has something to do with the
high luminance values. If I darkened the blue down it would probably
help. That and add a slight blur.

> My TV is not that great; it's a 13" one I bought pretty much just for
> futzing around with TV out.

It's best to look at these things with two different TVs: a real nice one
and a real bad one. You need to make it look good on both.
Unfortuantely, I have had time to look at them on *any* TVs yet :(

> But nice work, I'm staying with this theme for now.

Hey, thanks! And thanks for the comments.

Jeremy
RE: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
> You've done some really nice work, though. I was going to ask...on your
> site, if I update the theme at all, can I update it on your site, or do
> I have to resubmit it.

Got to be honest...I don't know. I always do mine from an admin page :)
For all those that want to send themes my way, I need TWO things: the
themename.tar.gz file and a 320x240 jpg of the theme for the gallery.

> Later today I am going to take the themes off of my site (still getting
> a few hits) and redirect them to Jerfu (if that's cool). No sense in
> having a number of different locations to get the themes...

Cool by me...that is, until Isaac decides how he want to add them to
mythtv.org. My site may be a temporary thing.

Jeremy
RE: Another new MythTV theme... tutorial? [ In reply to ]
Brian Wente said:
> Is there a theme tutorial? I have a few designs, but they are in
> photoshop still.

Not that I'm aware of.

> How do I get theme into a theme?

Well, I looked at the current themes on offer (blue, SasQuatch, iulius,
etc) and just started hacking. But that's something that probably should
make it into a tutorial. Perhaps when one of us has time ;)

Jeremy
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
[...SNIP...]
>> Later today I am going to take the themes off of my site (still
>> getting a few hits) and redirect them to Jerfu (if that's cool). No
>> sense in having a number of different locations to get the themes...
>
> I'd almost rather have something I can host on mythtv.org <hint hint>.
> =)

My site uses a PHP module under PHP-Nuke, so I don't think we could
migrate it to a new site very easily. But I agree that it should be on
mythtv.org...I just don't know how to get it there. I could (maybe) find
a way to strip it out of php-nuke and make a stand-alone module (if you've
got php running on your server). Or maybe someone else has a nice
gallery-type module? Or maybe we could revamp the mythtv.org website and
make it a php-nuked site. I've got no problem turning over all my stuff
so that it can be hosted under mythtv.org so just let me know how I can
help you out.

Jeremy
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 18 February 2003 10:56 am, Jeremy Oddo wrote:
> My site uses a PHP module under PHP-Nuke, so I don't think we could
> migrate it to a new site very easily. But I agree that it should be on
> mythtv.org...I just don't know how to get it there. I could (maybe) find
> a way to strip it out of php-nuke and make a stand-alone module (if you've
> got php running on your server). Or maybe someone else has a nice
> gallery-type module? Or maybe we could revamp the mythtv.org website and
> make it a php-nuked site. I've got no problem turning over all my stuff
> so that it can be hosted under mythtv.org so just let me know how I can
> help you out.

I'm up for any (decent looking/working) redesign of the website that anyone
can come up with.. My only requirements are that it not be _too_ bandwidth
hungry, and it be easy for me to update/add content to. Couple people have
offered in the past to do a website reworking, but nothing's come of it.

Isaac
Re: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
I've heard good things about zope lately, in terms of building a good,
flexible website easily (http://www.zope.org/). I'm fixin' to start
looking at it more seriously. If you're interested in what I find out
I'll be happy to forward it along to you.

Mark

RE: Another new MythTV theme... [ In reply to ]
Jeremy,

Well, the funhouse theme passed the girlfriend test for me :D She loves
the colors. Good work.

Jason Ramey
webmaster@permutation.org