"ExternalChannelCommand".

Also an aside question, when i select the "Setup" icon from
within MythTV nothing happens, is this supposed to happen?
Re: Changing channel problem [ In reply to ]
On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 04:25 PM, Declan Shanaghy wrote:

> When watching MythTV, changing channels on MythTV doesnt
> change the channel on my DirecTV box, i found this excerpt
> in the FAQ but its pretty useless, how is this
> ExternalChannelCommand supposed to be setup? I am using

sorry I don't know the answer to this. I think there are some people on
the list who have made scripts that control their boxes, (sometimes via
serial, sometimes via IR and lirc) then the ExternalChannelCommand just
calls that script. You can beg someone to send you an appropriate
script if one exists or write one for your box. Good luck.

> Also an aside question, when i select the "Setup" icon from
> within MythTV nothing happens, is this supposed to happen?

Does nothing in 0.7 In 0.8 (and now in cvs) setup does lots of stuff.
Its going be good.

best,

cedar
RE: Changing channel problem [ In reply to ]