Mailing List Archive

Mythfilldatabase
Hey all.

I'm trying to make mythtv work with french television.
Since there's no tv_grab_fr module in xmltv, I worked
around it using nxtvepg. Right now, I have:

[manu@orient manu]$ cat /usr/local/bin/tv_grab_fr
#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/nxtvepg -nodetach -provider 0x2F04 -dump xml

tv_sort and tv_check are pretty happy with the output so
I suppose I haven't completely messed up.

I then started following the instructions to install mythtv 0.7
and everything went well until I ran the mythfilldatabase command
which gave me this:

[manu@orient manu]$ mythfilldatabase
Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_fr is not verified as working.
[manu@orient manu]$ mythfilldatabase --manual
###
### Running in manual channel configuration mode.
### This will ask you questions about every channel.
###
Grabbing XMLTV data using tv_grab_fr is not verified as working.

which is strange, considering that setup gives me xmltv output.
Googling around, I ran into recommendations to try the CVS
edition of Mythtv.

The download section of the Mythtv website says:
"DO NOT use CVS if you have had any problems getting the last release to run."
(which sounds a little bit strange to me, IMHO).

Can anybody help?

Emmanuel