Mailing List Archive

Re: [mythtv] Problem changing channels ..
Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>(followup to mythtv-users please)
>
>On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:47:52PM +0000, James Sleeman wrote:
>

>>after three compiles of QT
>>

>Why are you not using the packages supplied with your distribution?

I'm using Debian testing distribution, myth didn't seem to want to
compile correctly with the debs for QT in that, in the past, with QT,
I've found it's simplest to just compile my own from the sources that
way I know I have the latest.

>Did you run setup? Did you run mythfilldatabase?

Yah, setup all looks hunky dorey, and the program guide is full of programs.
Re: Re: [mythtv] Problem changing channels .. [ In reply to ]
James Sleeman wrote:
> I'm using Debian testing distribution, myth didn't seem to want to
> compile correctly with the debs for QT in that, in the past, with QT,
> I've found it's simplest to just compile my own from the sources that
> way I know I have the latest.

? I've always used Debian testing and have always been able to
compile. Make sure you have at least:

libqt3 - Qt GUI Library (runtime files)
libqt3-dev - Qt GUI development files
libqt3-mt - Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version)
libqt3-mt-dev - Qt Threaded development files
libqt3-mt-mysql - Mysql database plugin for Qt3 (Threaded)
libqt3-mysql - Mysql database plugin for Qt3

Having the latest can mean having the latest bugs and gotchas.
Using the packages gives you a known environment.

-- bjm