Mailing List Archive

ATI TV Wonder VE - band of green hue at top of screen
I got Mythtv 0.7 working a while ago under Mandrake 9.0, and recently
decided to slap in a new (to the computer) hard drive, and upgrade to the
CVS version. In doing so, I also reinstalled Mandrake 9.0. Anyway, when I
originally set up Mythtv, I had to make some entries in my
/etc/modules.conf, setting tuner types and such for my card. With the new
setup, I believe I made the same changes, but I'm still getting a band at
the top of the screen (about 1/8 of the screen height) that's got a green
(as in scary move, supernatural glow, RGB(0, 255, 0) green) hue to it, like
the green is an overlay to the original picture, with about 50%
transparency. This band appears on all channels (us-cable), and doesn't
really change from channel to channel.

When I use xawtv, I don't get this coloration, so I'm thinking one of two
things are happening: either Myth is using slightly different settings from
xawtv, or the compression/decompression process is somehow munging the
picture. I tried switching from MPEG4 compression (which I had used in
0.7) to RTjpeg, but doing so caused the backend to segfault when I tried to
watch live TV.

Here's a listing of my /etc/modules.conf. It's somewhat hacked up, as I
was googling for settings, and trying different things I had seen for quite
a while last night. Any advice on settings to use there, or on things to
try in Mythtv itself would be greatly appreciated.

[jeff@localhost etc]$ cat modules.conf

probeall usb-interface usb-uhci
alias eth0 3c59x
alias sound-slot-0 es1371