Mailing List Archive

Mythfilldatabase and setupplus sound problems on nforce2 (cvs version 11 feb)
Hi Having problems with mythfilldatabase and setup using the cvs version from
yesterday (11th feb).

In the setup I configure the system to say Im in the UK, but there are no
entries in the regional drop down boxes. When I exit setup and run
mythfilldatabase, it claims there is no xml file (which there isnt).

I somehow got this to work by trying the alt uk version and switching back,
but in the setup, there is still no data in the regional drop down box. The
epg now shows me some infomation, but all the channels are for southern
region and Im in the north west.

In the console, I am being told to run mythfilldatabase --configure which
obviously doent work any more.

This is with a completly fresh install from cvs.

Also having a few problems with sound on my MSI nforce2 board, this is the
version without the dolby stuff and the integrated graphics. I cant get alsa
to work at all, even with the Nvidia drivers installed. Ive had to resort to
OSS (which works). Suse 8.1 with all online updates installed.
Any suggestions

thanks

Martyn
Re: Mythfilldatabase and setupplus sound problems on nforce2 (cvs version 11 feb) [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 12 February 2003 03:54 am, Martyn Weber wrote:
> Hi Having problems with mythfilldatabase and setup using the cvs version
> from yesterday (11th feb).
>
> In the setup I configure the system to say Im in the UK, but there are no
> entries in the regional drop down boxes. When I exit setup and run
> mythfilldatabase, it claims there is no xml file (which there isnt).
>
> I somehow got this to work by trying the alt uk version and switching back,
> but in the setup, there is still no data in the regional drop down box. The
> epg now shows me some infomation, but all the channels are for southern
> region and Im in the north west.
>
> In the console, I am being told to run mythfilldatabase --configure which
> obviously doent work any more.
>
> This is with a completly fresh install from cvs.

IIRC, the graphical uk stuff is meant for the tv_grab_uk mods that were posted
to this list a while back.

> Also having a few problems with sound on my MSI nforce2 board, this is the
> version without the dolby stuff and the integrated graphics. I cant get
> alsa to work at all, even with the Nvidia drivers installed. Ive had to
> resort to OSS (which works). Suse 8.1 with all online updates installed.
> Any suggestions

If OSS works, just use it. Only reason for suggesting ALSA is because it
works more often for more people.

Isaac