Mailing List Archive

MythTV v8.0 series of issues/questions
All,

Okay I've been mucking around trying to get mythtv
working on my server and have encountered numerious
issues (This was all working on Mythtv0.7 on a RH7.3
install)... now on MythTv 0.8 with RH8.0... It seems
everything is kaput!.

I get the following in Mythbackend when I try to watch
live tv? It hangs up at this point, and I have to
kill mythfrontend/backend/etc Any ideas?

[root@mediaserver root]# mythbackend
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range.
adding: mediaserver as a player 1
totalspace: 57707 usedspace: 17717
adding: mediaserver as a player 1
adding: mediaserver as a player 0
adding: mediaserver as a player 0
adding: mediaserver as a remote ringbuffer
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Can't open video device: /dev/video
open video:: Is a directory
VIDIOCSAUDIO: Bad file descriptor

When I setup and try to run mythmusic, It looks like
it scans through my 40gigs of mp3's (takes forever
though). When its finished, it won't let me select
anything... it doesn't look like any mp3's got read
in... here's the tail of the console dump: any ideas?

Checking: /nfs/mp3z/Yo-Yo MaEdgar MeyerMark
O'Connor/Appalachian Journey/Edgar Meyer - Mark
O'Connor - Yo-Yo Ma - Lime Rock.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/Yo-Yo MaEdgar MeyerMark
O'Connor/Appalachian Journey/Edgar Meyer - Mark
O'Connor - Yo-Yo Ma - Misty Moonlight Waltz.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/Yo-Yo MaEdgar MeyerMark
O'Connor/Appalachian Journey/Edgar Meyer - Mark
O'Connor - Yo-Yo Ma - Poem for Carlita.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/Yo-Yo MaEdgar MeyerMark
O'Connor/Appalachian Journey/Edgar Meyer - Mark
O'Connor - Yo-Yo Ma - Second Time Around.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/Yo-Yo MaEdgar MeyerMark
O'Connor/Appalachian Journey/Edgar Meyer - Mark
O'Connor - Yo-Yo Ma - Vistas.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Can't Stop
Rockin'.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Delirious.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Dipping Low (In
The Lap Of Luxury).mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/I Got The
Message.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Planet Of
Women.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Rough Boy.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Sleeping
Bag.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Stages.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Velcro Fly.mp3
Checking: /nfs/mp3z/ZZ Top/Afterburner/Woke Up With
Wood.mp3

THen when I run mythvideo and try to get mplayer to
play a video file.... I get an error ergarding the
RTC_Core - permission denied. and then it dies on me.
Now if I run X in kde and I launch from an xterm
mythvideo everything is fine. But if I do it from the
.xinitrc (exec mythvideo) with fvwm2 as the windows
manager it pukes out... but the mythvideo interface
runs fine. Any ideas?

-Chuck