I get this over, and over, and over again when I try to run mythfilldatabase. I have reinstalled XMLTV and rebuilt the database. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
-Jamie
Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
Grab these two temp patches:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xmltv/xmltv/grab/na/

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jamie Richard" <myth@jttechnology.com>
To: <mythtv-users@snowman.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2003 11:09 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] Problem with Running MythFillDatabase

Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na line
1938.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric ge (>=) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na line
1934.
Use of uninitialized value in multiplication (*) at /usr/bin/tv_grab_na
line 193

Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
Hrmm.. Sounds like a perl module is returning a null result.. Just a
guess, but check your perl modules against CPAN (particularly XML::Twig, I
think).

Cheers,
Aaron C:\STEWART>

Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 00:42, William Preston wrote:

> Grab these two temp patches:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xmltv/xmltv/grab/na/

Sorry if this sounds dumb but how do I patch? I've never patched this
before, as I've only had it up and running 2 days.

Thanks.

--
Muddy <muddy@muddysmind.com>
RE: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
It is a problem with XMLTV and how zap2it rearranged their listings.

From the diff:

" zap2it changed again :r
they removed the "(ends at HH:MM)" endings on the descriptions in the text
listings. For now, we calculate end of program by the following program, and
assume the last program of the day ends at midnight. Otherwise, we need to
get the next days listings to figure out the true value."

Rumor has it, it will be fixed by Monday.

Nate
RE: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 09:07, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> It is a problem with XMLTV and how zap2it rearranged their listings.
>
> >From the diff:
>
> " zap2it changed again :r
> they removed the "(ends at HH:MM)" endings on the descriptions in the text
> listings. For now, we calculate end of program by the following program, and
> assume the last program of the day ends at midnight. Otherwise, we need to
> get the next days listings to figure out the true value."
>
> Rumor has it, it will be fixed by Monday.
>
> Nate

Thanks Nate, I tried the patches suggested earlier and they did not
work.
We'll see what happens on Monday.

Regards,
Jeff "Muddy" Waters
--
Muddy <muddy@muddysmind.com>
Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
Where do I put these patches? I am baffeled.. Thanks!

-Jamie

Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 11:53, Jamie Richard wrote:
> Where do I put these patches? I am baffeled.. Thanks!
>
> -Jamie

Grab those two files (click on them, then click the 'download' link)
and stick them were they go on your system--probably something like
/usr/lib/perl/site_perl/5.80/XMLTV
and
/usr/bin.

***Note*** they did not help me at all, only made different errors.
--
Muddy <muddy@muddysmind.com>
Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
Yeah, I did that too...

Different Errors

Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 16:05, Jamie Richard wrote:
> Yeah, I did that too...
>
> Different Errors

Has anyone seen a new patch to fix this yet?
--
Muddy <muddy@muddysmind.com>
Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]
> Has anyone seen a new patch to fix this yet?
> --

There was a patch mentioned on mythtv-dev from the Debian bug filed for
this. I applied it to the xmltv source, recompiled, and it worked like
a charm. Of course, it's not the "right" way, but it works for now.
There's a diff in the bug thread linked below.

Re: Problem with Running MythFillDatabase [ In reply to ]