Homepage: http://www.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org
PGP key available at: http://www.ihtruelsen.dyndns.org/pgp.html
and http://pgp.mit.edu (search 'ihtruelsen')
Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
The FAQ on myth's site says something about muting the line-in, since
mythtv handles syncing to video and then delivers the audio via waveout.

I assume you've tried this, but I thought I'd interject it anyway. :)

Cheers,
Aaron C:\STEWART>

Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
Hrmm.. The next silly (but _possibly_ pertinent) question is: Is your
line in (aka CD) set as the recording source?

Cheers,
Aaron C:\STEWART>

Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
On 08 Feb 2003 11:07:21 -0800

Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
On 08 Feb 2003 11:52:44 -0800
Aaron Stewart <acs@hourglassone.com> wrote:

> Hrmm.. The next silly (but _possibly_ pertinent) question is: Is your
> line in (aka CD) set as the recording source?
>
> Cheers,
> Aaron C:\STEWART>
>
> On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 12:36, Ian Truelsen wrote:
> > On 08 Feb 2003 11:07:21 -0800
> > Aaron Stewart <acs@hourglassone.com> wrote:
> >
> > > The FAQ on myth's site says something about muting the line-in,
> > > since mythtv handles syncing to video and then delivers the audio
> > > via waveout.
> > >
> > > I assume you've tried this, but I thought I'd interject it anyway.
> > > :)
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Aaron C:\STEWART>

> > I've tried this, but, and I should have mentioned it, when I mute
> > the line-in so that xawtv is muted (in my case it is listed as CD)
> > then I get no sound from mythtv at all.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but in the mysql database, the
capturecard is set up with /dev/video0, /dev/dsp. If this needs to be
setup somewhere else then I have missed it in the docs.

Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
It's not a mythtv-specific option.. You need to tell artsd to use your
CD device as the recording source.

If you open kMIX (KDE), you'll notice a red dot under one of the mixer
sliders. Click the one under your CD slider, and all should be okay.

Cheers,
Aaron

Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
Ian Truelsen wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but in the mysql database, the
> capturecard is set up with /dev/video0, /dev/dsp. If this needs to be
> setup somewhere else then I have missed it in the docs.

It sounds (pun intended ;-) like you don't having your
setting for record and playback thru /dev/dsp . See:

-- bjm
Re: sound is out of sync [ In reply to ]
On 24 Jan 2008 13:36:04 -0800
Aaron Stewart <acs@hourglassone.com> wrote:

> It's not a mythtv-specific option.. You need to tell artsd to use your
> CD device as the recording source.
>
> If you open kMIX (KDE), you'll notice a red dot under one of the mixer
> sliders. Click the one under your CD slider, and all should be okay.

That did it. Thanks.