Mailing List Archive

Has somebody got a *complete* list of dependencies for mythburn?
Crew:

I've been trying to get mythburn running. This appears to be a matter
of getting it from CVS and then trying to follow a progression of
bug-stomps reported via various discussion spaces. I'm having trouble
doing this, for a couple of reasons strongly tied to my own ignorance
about how transcoding and DVD burning work, made worse by the scattered
nature of information about mythburn.

First, which packages/software does mythburn require as prerequisites
for installation? Which version of ProjectX, for example? Does someone
have a comprehensive list, including further dependencies by required
packages? (for example, ProjectX is either bitching that it needs more
java libraries from somewhere or other, or it's bitching that it needs
the means to get them itself, I can't tell which). I'm installing on
top of FC4.

Second, can someone briefly describe for me, step-by-step, the process
that mythburn is implementing? It would be very useful to know what
sort of intermediate files/outputs it's expecting from one stage to the
next, as I have no conceptual map of what series of transformations it's
trying to make.

Just trying to catch a clue here, but lacking a net.

Best,
Tb.

Re: Has somebody got a *complete* list of dependencies for mythburn? [ In reply to ]
On 1/11/06, Thomas R. Bruce <trb2@cornell.edu> wrote:
> Crew:
>
> I've been trying to get mythburn running. This appears to be a matter
> of getting it from CVS and then trying to follow a progression of
> bug-stomps reported via various discussion spaces. I'm having trouble
> doing this, for a couple of reasons strongly tied to my own ignorance
> about how transcoding and DVD burning work, made worse by the scattered
> nature of information about mythburn.
>
> First, which packages/software does mythburn require as prerequisites
> for installation? Which version of ProjectX, for example? Does someone
> have a comprehensive list, including further dependencies by required
> packages? (for example, ProjectX is either bitching that it needs more
> java libraries from somewhere or other, or it's bitching that it needs
> the means to get them itself, I can't tell which). I'm installing on
> top of FC4.
>
> Second, can someone briefly describe for me, step-by-step, the process
> that mythburn is implementing? It would be very useful to know what
> sort of intermediate files/outputs it's expecting from one stage to the
> next, as I have no conceptual map of what series of transformations it's
> trying to make.
>
> Just trying to catch a clue here, but lacking a net.
>
> Best,
> Tb.

This really may not be complete. I'm doing this mostly off the top of
my head and this is my experience with mythburn CVS installing on
Fedora Core 3 as of about 3 weeks ago.
This is the howto I loosely followed when installing.

http://www.knoppmythwiki.org/index.php?page=MythTVBurn_Scripts_HowTo

1) ProjectX .82 ( You may be able to use .90 but youll have to muck
around with the mythburn scripts.
2) Xvfb
3) dvdauthor
4) mjpegtools
5) ImageMagic

For projectx, I made a shell script called /usr/local/bin/projectx
containing the following:
#!/bin/bash
java -jar /usr/local/bin/projectx_dir/ProjectX.jar $@

The projectx_dir above is just a directory where I untarred projectx .82 into.

I followed the instructions on pulling down the latest from CVS, but
instead of mkdir /myth/mythburn, I just did mkdir /myth because I had
trouble with the install script looking for files it couldnt find.

Thats all I remember now.
Re: Has somebody got a *complete* list of dependencies for mythburn? [ In reply to ]
Were you running the CVS version of mythburn on .18 or SVN?

Re: Has somebody got a *complete* list of dependencies for mythburn? [ In reply to ]
On 1/21/06, Adam Bodnar <ambodnar@gmail.com> wrote:
> Were you running the CVS version of mythburn on .18 or SVN?

<snip>

I'm running CVS mythburn on .18