Is it possible to capture multiple channels at the same time with using just
a single DVB card ?

Thanks
Re: Multiple channels at the same time, with one DVB card ? [ In reply to ]
On 19/09/05, turha turha <turha654@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is it possible to capture multiple channels at the same time with using
> just a single DVB card ?

Work on capturing multiple channels from the same multiplex is
underway (it isn't possible to capture from non-similar 'plexes
because there is only 1 tuner.)

Nick
Re: Multiple channels at the same time, with one DVB card ? [ In reply to ]
So do you or anybody else know how long, roughly speaking, it will take
before we can get our hands on it ?

And as I've understood it, a single multiplex can hold 4-5 channels, is that
right ?

Thanks.

Re: Multiple channels at the same time, with one DVB card ? [ In reply to ]

Re: Multiple channels at the same time, with one DVB card ? [ In reply to ]
So do you or anybody else know how long, roughly speaking, it will take
before we can get our hands on it ?

And as I've understood it, a single multiplex can hold 4-5 channels, is that
right ? Also unanswered is the Chad's question below.

Thanks.

Re: Multiple channels at the same time, with one DVB card ? [ In reply to ]
On 9/20/05, Chad <masterclc@gmail.com> wrote:
> By same multiplex, does that mean "4.1 4.2 4.3..." but not "4.1 5.1 6.1..."?
>
> Thanks!

By the same multiplex it effectively means "transmitted on the same
frequency". I don't believe there's any limitation on whether channel
4.1 or 4.2 (for example) have to be transmitted on the same multiplex
or may be transmitted on different multiplexes. I would suspect that
the specs were written such that this sort of organisational detail is
up to the network that runs the multiplex(es).

Whilst it's a stated wish that Myth should be able to handle multiple
channels simultaneously from a single multiplex, I don't think anybody
is actively working on this feature (they can correct me if i'm
wrong!). Likewise, whether or not the current DVB re-write will make
this goal easier / harder is a question for the current DVB devs.

Steve