Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: MAC [ In reply to ]
-----Original message-----
From: jameslinder0@gmail.com <jameslinder0@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday 12th May 2020 8:20
To: Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users@mythtv.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MAC

> On 12 May 2020, at 1:28 pm, mythtv-users-request@mythtv.org wrote:
>
> I take it back, the compile completed before I gave up for the evening.
>
> Please try the file at this link:?https://www.dropbox.com/s/xarebulww4pgg9h/mythfrontend-31.dmg?dl=0
> Hi John,
>

> That's fixed the menus, now all I need to do is figure out the right playback profile settings so that the video displays in full screen on my MacBook Pro Retina, rather than just taking up the bottom left quarter.

This was an accident, I'd never try it but using the 30 dmg with renderer set to opengl-rgba I am watching full screen recordings on a 31 backend !!!

metadata lookup for both TV and Movie is working.

I'd post a picture but I am 100% certain that it is true.

[plasma] /Users/jam [516]% /Applications/mythfrontend30.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v30.0-72-g2855e29672
MythTV Branch : fixes/30
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 30.20181231-1
QT Version : 5.11.3
Options compiled in:

I think this is the dmg for 30 that works
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuyd3r0ux6b7jmk/mythfrontend.zip
If there are issues I have a copy.
James

Sadly that version complains about the database schema and exits. Shame really, I was hoping it would work on my High Sierra iMac.

Dave.
Re: MAC [ In reply to ]
> I managed to find some settings that worked on my MacBook Pro, so very
> pleased with that.
>

> Unfortunately this new frontend won't work on High Sierra on my (very) old
> iMac:
>

> dyld: Symbol not found: _NSAppearanceNameDarkAqua
>
> Referenced from:
> /Applications/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
> (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
>
> Expected in:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
>
> in
> /Applications/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
>
> Abort trap: 6

Dave, try this file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zrtbx9liz5tjes/mythfrontend-31-appkit.dmg?dl=0

I bundled my version of AppKit with this dmg.
Re: MAC [ In reply to ]

> Sadly that version complains about the database schema and exits. Shame
> really, I was hoping it would work on my High Sierra iMac.
>

> Dave.

Same issues for me. I'll try to look into if opengl-rgba is available in
31 and if so, what the magic configuration / support library is to get is
compiled in.
I managed to find some settings that worked on my MacBook Pro, so very pleased with that.

Unfortunately this new frontend won't work on High Sierra on my (very) old iMac:

dyld: Symbol not found: _NSAppearanceNameDarkAqua

  Referenced from: /Applications/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)

  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit

 in /Applications/mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

Abort trap: 6

Dave, try this file.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/9zrtbx9liz5tjes/mythfrontend-31-appkit.dmg?dl=0

I bundled my version of AppKit with this dmg.

Sadly this version with your AppKit doesn't work, I get this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSVG.framework/Versions/A/CoreSVG

  Referenced from: /Applications/mythfrontend.app/Contents/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit

  Reason: image not found

Abort trap: 6

Regards,

[...]

Of course, as soon as I posted my working configuration, it decided it would stop working for me - back to the drawing board, I'm afraid.

Dave.

1 2  View All