Mailing List Archive

Lupdate warning...
Hi!

I committed a fix today to properly set the default codec/character set
on the translation files.

The next time you update your translations you will get this warning:

"lupdate warning: Codec for tr() 'UTF-8' disagrees with existing file's
codec 'ISO-8859-1'. Expect trouble."

You can safely disregard that warning as all, except one, source strings
are pure US ASCII which both ISO-8859-1 and UTF-8 are supersets of so
the encoding is identical.

The only string affected by this change will have to be recopied from
the now obsolete translation to the new, properly encoded one.

This warning will only be displayed once.

Please note that it is now recommended to add "-disable-heuristic
number" to the lupdate command line when you run it.

The number heuristics are a very poorly documented feature of Qt which
tries to offer you a possible translation for some strings (they are
marked "unfinished" fortunately) but which fails miserably.

It transforms strings such as:

720P?
1080i?
1080p?

into

0% {720P?}
0% {1080i?}
0% {1080p?}

I see that a few of our translations have those entries, you might wish
to search for them using Qt Linguist (or even better using a grep for
"{" which should be relatively uncommon)) and fix them.

Thank you all for your great work and have a nice day!

Nicolas