----- Reply message -----
Από: "Nicolas Riendeau" <knight@teksavvy.com>
Προς: "Discussion about MythTV translation" <mythtv-translators@mythtv.org>
Θέμα: [Mythtv-translators] Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT...
Ημ/νία: Κυρ, Σεπ 8, 2013 5:19 PM

Hi!

A few problems were found with some of the strings in 0.27 and I was wondering what you would like to do.

Here is a short list of the problems which were found:

- A mention about a dependency between two settings is missing which could lead to a non-functioning configuration. At a minimum the help text should indicate that dependency.

- The description/explication on the use of a setting is incorrect.

- A new check was added to warn the user when he tries to do something which could result in data loss (if he doesn't use the right option, if the options are used as they should be there is no risk of that). The message was added but is currently untranslatable.

- A new setting, which is not currently in 0.27 but might need to be backported to it, was added in order to disable a possibly non-working option. At the time of this writing the problem which required adding this setting seems to have been solved but only time will tell.

- A typo was fixed in one of the themes we translate.

- The description of one of the theme we translate was changed.

All in all, that I know of (it's always difficult to say when themes are involved, there are less than 10 strings which have problems.

The question now is would you like us to fix/add those strings so that you can translate them or do we leave them untranslatable? If we apply the full string freeze to the letter they should not be updated but not giving you the choice to translate them is not a very good solution either.

I am now seeking your input on this... If enough of you agree that we should fix those problems and *nobody* is against we will go ahead and fix/add those new strings.

Please answer ASAP so that if you decide we should translate them everybody will be able to find the time to translate them.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nicolas
Re: ÁðÜíô.: Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT... [ In reply to ]
2013/9/8 yiannividalis@hotmail.com <yiannividalis@hotmail.com>:
> I think we should translate the new strings, too. It's the right thing to
> do.
>
> Yianni.

I agree that we should add the missing strings.

Best regards,

Rune
Re: Απάντ.: Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT... [ In reply to ]
On 8 September 2013 15:49, yiannividalis@hotmail.com
<yiannividalis@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I think we should translate the new strings, too. It's the right thing to
> do.

+1. The earlier the better.

Nick
Re: Απάντ.: Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT... [ In reply to ]
On 2013-09-09 2:36 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 8 September 2013 15:49, yiannividalis@hotmail.com
> <yiannividalis@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I think we should translate the new strings, too. It's the right thing to
>> do.
>
> +1. The earlier the better.

I need one more Yae (Yes) and no Nay (No) to go ahead with this...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

Re: ÁðÜíô.: Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT... [ In reply to ]
Den 10/09/2013 03.26 skrev "Nicolas Riendeau" <knight@teksavvy.com>:

> On 2013-09-09 2:36 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
>>
>> On 8 September 2013 15:49, yiannividalis@hotmail.com
>> <yiannividalis@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think we should translate the new strings, too. It's the right thing
>>> do.
>>

>> +1. The earlier the better.
>>

> I need one more Yae (Yes) and no Nay (No) to go ahead with this...

Yes yes... (if my "vote" counts :))

Best regards
Kenni
Re: Απάντ.: Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT... [ In reply to ]
Hi Kenni!

On 2013-09-10 12:34 AM, Kenni Lund wrote:
> Yes yes... (if my "vote" counts :))

LOL, technically my "vote" could count as well since I also translate
but I didn't want to wear two hats at the same time (ie at the same time
propose and endorse fixing those strings)...

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

Re: ?p??t.: Untranslatable strings - NEED YOUR INPUT... [ In reply to ]
Hmmm, that's interesting....

My mail client (Thunderbird) was able to display the Greek letters in
the subject line when they were encoded in UTF-8 but not when they were
re-encoded in iso-8859-7 (which supports Greek letters as well) by
Kenni's mail client (even though they were still readable here on
Kenni's mail).

It also partially transliterated in into latin (pi became "P" and tau
became "t") but it failed to convert the rest....

Have a nice day!

Nicolas