Translation finished, now how to test without 0.24?
Hi,

i just finished 0.24 german (without mythweb). But i have no 0.24 frontend.
Can i test the files with 0.23? I suppose yes...

Thanks!

Flo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Translation finished, now how to test without 0.24? [ In reply to ]
2010/9/24 Florian Bittner <mythtv at daschatten.de>:
> Hi,
>
> i just finished 0.24 german (without mythweb). But i have no 0.24 frontend.
> Can i test the files with 0.23? I suppose yes...

No, you cannot test with 0.23, the difference between 0.23 and 0.24 is
way too big to give you any realistic view of your 0.24 translation.

I haven't done this myself, but if you don't want to install anything,
then I guess you can:
- Burn Mythbuntu onto a CD
- Boot it as a live CD
- Activate auto-builds to receive the latest 0.24 trunk version
- Use this live-environment for testing your translations

But if you have any plans on continuing to work on the German
translations, you'll probably be better off with a HDD installation
(dual boot?) of for example Mythbuntu with autobuilds enabled. IMHO
that's by far the simplest and easiest way to always have an
up-to-date trunk system for doing translation work and testing
translations.

Best Regards
Kenni
Translation finished, now how to test without 0.24? [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your explanation, Kenni. I installed Mythbuntu in a kvm virtual
machine, activated auto-builds and tested my translation there. Works fine,
except for watching something. So for the future i think about building a
real test-system with a real tuner card.

Greetings,
Flo