Hi,

what are you doing with such strings:

%SUBTITLE|"|" %%DESCRIPTION%

Do you just copy them or leave them blank?

Thanks,

Flo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
What do you do with these String? [ In reply to ]
Hi!

> Hi,
>
> what are you doing with such strings:
>
> %SUBTITLE|"|" %%DESCRIPTION%
>
> Do you just copy them or leave them blank?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Flo

Copy... I am not sure how Qt this if they were left blank and confirmed (ie
no longer "unfinished") and if you don't confirm them the count of
untranslated vs translated strings Qt Linguist (which I hope you use, it
makes the job so much simpler) shows will not be OK and you won't be able
to use "Next Unfinished" in Qt Linguist to find what is left to translate.

Qt Linguist could also complain that the punctuation is different between
the source string and your translation for some of these too...

Have a nice day!

Nick
What do you do with these String? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 16 Sep 2010 17:24:54 Florian Bittner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what are you doing with such strings:
>
> %SUBTITLE|"|" %%DESCRIPTION%

Is that a real example? If so it needs fixing because it's wrong. Looks like
something from 0.21, not 0.22.

--
Stuart Morgan
What do you do with these String? [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 16 Sep 2010 20:39:02 Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Thursday 16 Sep 2010 17:24:54 Florian Bittner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what are you doing with such strings:
> >
> > %SUBTITLE|"|" %%DESCRIPTION%
>
> Is that a real example? If so it needs fixing because it's wrong. Looks
> like something from 0.21, not 0.22.

Robert has pointed out that it's in my own theme which I'd fixed locally but
not committed. Sorry for the noise.
--
Stuart Morgan