Mailing List Archive

Is this use of a variable correct or a bug?
Hi,

i found this in QObject:

"
QString message = QObject::tr(

"MythTV was set to sleep after %1 minutes and "

"will exit in %d seconds.\n"

"Do you wish to continue watching?")

.arg(sleepTimerTimeout * (1.0f/60000.0f));"

Is the expression "%d seconds" correct? In the history it shows "%2 seconds"
and until this i found only variables like %1, %2, ...?

Btw. there are lots of strings to translate to german in QObject :rolleyes:
:-)

Thanks,

Flo

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Is this use of a variable correct or a bug? [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On 9/16/2010 5:06 AM, Florian Bittner wrote:
<snip>

> Is the expression "%d seconds" correct? In the history it shows "%2
> seconds" and until this i found only variables like %1, %2, ...?

I couldn't investigate it as much as I wanted to (had an important
application deployment at work last night) and I am having problem with
my backend but from talking with other members of the development team
it looks like there is indeed a problem there.

Keep in mind that we only looked at the code, we did not run it...

%d is ok (kinda looks like somebody wanted to use printf like codes)
since it gets remeapped to something else. However it looks like it
might not correctly merge the seconds part and that it not also
correctly handling the plurals (the strings are incorrectly extracted
when the tr() call is done a certain way and it is unfortunatly called
that way here)...

I'll see what I can do about making a patch for this but since we are in
string freeze it probably won't be applied until we start working on 0.25...

> Btw. there are lots of strings to translate to german in QObject
> :rolleyes: :-)

Initial translation is definitely a lot of work but you'll see that once
your translation is fully completed maintaining it will be a lot easier
than the first time.

Have a nice day!

Nick