Mailing List Archive

Time to get started with MythTV 0.24 translations
Hi Robert!

On 9/7/2010 1:37 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> 2010/9/7 Roger MÃ¥rtensson<roger.martensson at gmail.com>:
>> Talking about theme strings. How will it work with translations when we will
>> be able to "download" themes with the themebrowser?
>>
>> It looks like it will be distributed with 0.24.
>
> This is transparent to themers. The themestrings are kept in the
> translation file of the core, not distributed with the theme itself.

I could be wrong but I think he's referring to strings which are not
already present in the core themes...

These won't be translated unless a way is found to somehow merge
additionnal translation files (not very practical) or unless it's done
the old way, in the themes themselves (I think the support for this is
still there but that's not a very good idea, it will only confuse some
translators which will want to translate the core themes in the same way).

Have a nice day!

Nick
Time to get started with MythTV 0.24 translations [ In reply to ]
On 9/7/2010 1:56 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> The core themes (ie, those provided by our project) are translated in
> the core themestrings-- the third party themes aren't (but they never
> have been, either).

The theme chooser will offer themes which are not in the core themes
though, right?

(For example LCARS which the last time I checked was not a core theme I
believe...)

Have a nice day!

Nick
Time to get started with MythTV 0.24 translations [ In reply to ]
Hi Robert!

On 9/7/2010 2:06 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Nicolas Riendeau<knight at teksavvy.com> wrote:
>> On 9/7/2010 1:56 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>>>
>>> The core themes (ie, those provided by our project) are translated in
>>> the core themestrings-- the third party themes aren't (but they never
>>> have been, either).
<snip>

> Yes. Our project provides no translations for those themes.

Thanks for the info!

Have a nice day!

Nick
Time to get started with MythTV 0.24 translations [ In reply to ]
Hi Nick!

On 9/7/2010 7:51 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> As a reminder, don't forget you can track progress on the new
> translation status page:
>
> http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/trunk/

I have updated the link to your page in the Wiki (the one at the bottom
of the page was no longer correct).

Have a nice day!

Nick (-;