Mailing List Archive

Errors/warnings when running lupdate
Hi!

I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations.

But I get some errors while running the lupdate as recommended by the
Translation wiki page.

Is they just friendly warnings that can be ignored or something more
serious?

The errors and commandline I ran in mythtv/i18n;

lupdate -locations absolute translate.pro
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstringbuilder.h:45: circular inclusion of
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h

/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qwmatrix.h:45: circular inclusion of
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qmatrix.h

/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qlayout.h:236: circular inclusion of
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qboxlayout.h

/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qgridlayout.h:45: circular inclusion of
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qlayout.h

/home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/settings.h:829: circular
inclusion of
/home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythconfigdialogs.h

/home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/settings.h:830: circular
inclusion of /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth/mythconfiggroups.h

/home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp:966:
Unexpected character in meta string

/home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp:1177:
Unexpected character in meta string

/home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/metadatacommon.cpp:178:
Class 'MetadataLookup' lacks Q_OBJECT macro
Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations

That's good news!

Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or a team of
maintainers) for it though...

(At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)

> But I get some errors while running the lupdate as recommended by the
> Translation wiki page.
>
> Is they just friendly warnings that can be ignored or something more
> serious?

<snip>

> /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/metadatacommon.cpp:178:
> Class 'MetadataLookup' lacks Q_OBJECT macro

Only this one is a friendly warning... It's essentially a warning
telling you/us that there is a missing declaration in that file.

(Depending on how you call the translation methods of Qt you something
have to use this macro. lupdate is noticing that the way that module
does its translation calls there should be "call" to the Q_OBJECT macro.
If nobody beats me to it (my backend is down at the moment but I should
be able to get it working tonight) I'll try to submit a patch for this
problem.

All the rest I would be concerned about... I know Nick Morrott had these
in the past and *I think* they were caused by a conflict between qt3 and
qt4 on his pc. Do you have still have qt3 packages on your pc?

Have a nice day!

Nick
French language translation team and en_us maintainer
Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
Nicolas Riendeau skrev 2010-08-21 23:33:
> Hi!
>
> On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations
>
> That's good news!
>
> Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or a team of
> maintainers) for it though...
>
> (At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)

Not that I can see either. Hope others that is doing swedish
translations sees this and makes them heard so I don't duplicate effort.

>> But I get some errors while running the lupdate as recommended by the
>> Translation wiki page.
>>
>> Is they just friendly warnings that can be ignored or something more
>> serious?
>

> <snip>
>
>> /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/metadatacommon.cpp:178:
>> Class 'MetadataLookup' lacks Q_OBJECT macro
>
> Only this one is a friendly warning... It's essentially a warning
> telling you/us that there is a missing declaration in that file.
>
> (Depending on how you call the translation methods of Qt you something
> have to use this macro. lupdate is noticing that the way that module
> does its translation calls there should be "call" to the Q_OBJECT
> macro. If nobody beats me to it (my backend is down at the moment but
> I should be able to get it working tonight) I'll try to submit a patch
> for this problem.
>
> All the rest I would be concerned about... I know Nick Morrott had
> these in the past and *I think* they were caused by a conflict between
> qt3 and qt4 on his pc. Do you have still have qt3 packages on your pc?

Not that I can see. It's a rather recent debian testing installation and
it's only QT4 installed as I can see.

Maybe Nick has some good ideas if it's my installation or something
other that is the problem.
Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
On 08/21/2010 04:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations.
>
> But I get some errors while running the lupdate as recommended by the
> Translation wiki page.
>
> Is they just friendly warnings that can be ignored or something more
> serious?
>
> The errors and commandline I ran in mythtv/i18n;
>
> lupdate -locations absolute translate.pro

> /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp:966:
> Unexpected character in meta string
>
> /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/eitfixup.cpp:1177:
> Unexpected character in meta string

I "fixed" these in [25792]. (They were really just lupdate being
confused by a comment, so I added a space so it's not confused.)

> /home/roger/mythtv/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythui/metadatacommon.cpp:178:
> Class 'MetadataLookup' lacks Q_OBJECT macro

And Robert fixed this one (which was a real fix) in [25791].

Mike
Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
2010/8/21 Roger Mårtensson <roger.martensson at gmail.com>:
>  Nicolas Riendeau skrev 2010-08-21 23:33:
>> All the rest I would be concerned about... I know Nick Morrott had these
>> in the past and *I think* they were caused by a conflict between qt3 and qt4
>> on his pc. Do you have still have qt3 packages on your pc?
>
> Not that I can see. It's a rather recent debian testing installation and
> it's only QT4 installed as I can see.
>
> Maybe Nick has some good ideas if it's my installation or something other
> that is the problem.

In addition to a Fedora machine (which generated the warnings that
Nick R references above), I've seen the same warnings on a Debian sid
installation when running lupdate-qt4 recently.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
Hi!

On 8/21/2010 6:00 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
> Nicolas Riendeau skrev 2010-08-21 23:33:
>> On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>>> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations
>> Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or a team of
>> maintainers) for it though...
>>
>> (At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)
>
> Not that I can see either. Hope others that is doing swedish
> translations sees this and makes them heard so I don't duplicate effort.

Oops, looks like I spoke too fast...

There was at least one submission this year from somebody called
Jonathan in this ticket:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8229

Looks like his email address might be mythtv at comhem.se ...

You might wish to contact him to join effort on that translation...

>> All the rest I would be concerned about... I know Nick Morrott had
>> these in the past and *I think* they were caused by a conflict between
>> qt3 and qt4 on his pc. Do you have still have qt3 packages on your pc?
>
> Not that I can see. It's a rather recent debian testing installation and
> it's only QT4 installed as I can see.

Which version of Qt do you have? Looks like it might be related to this:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-6587 .

> Maybe Nick has some good ideas if it's my installation or something
> other that is the problem.

Yep... I wonder if he actually got rid of the problem or if he still has
it (in which case it would mean that the problem is not as important as
I though...)...

Have a nice day!

Nick
Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
2010/8/21 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com>

> Hi!
>

> On 8/21/2010 6:00 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Riendeau skrev 2010-08-21 23:33:
>>
>>> On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>>>
>>> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish translations
>>>>
>>> Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or a team of
>>>
>>> maintainers) for it though...
>>>
>>> (At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)
>>>

>> Not that I can see either. Hope others that is doing swedish
>> translations sees this and makes them heard so I don't duplicate effort.
>>

> Oops, looks like I spoke too fast...
>
> There was at least one submission this year from somebody called Jonathan
> in this ticket:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8229
>
> Looks like his email address might be mythtv at comhem.se ...
>
> You might wish to contact him to join effort on that translation...

Yes, Jonatan is an active user who also submits good patches elsewhere in
Myth. I believe he is also subscribed to this list. Hopefully he will
speak up about any plans he might have for .24 translations.

Robert
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
Robert McNamara skrev 2010-08-22 00:34:
> 2010/8/21 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com
> <mailto:knight at teksavvy.com>>
>
> Hi!
>

> On 8/21/2010 6:00 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>
> Nicolas Riendeau skrev 2010-08-21 23:33:
>
> On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>
> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish
> translations
>
> Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or
> a team of
>
> maintainers) for it though...
>
> (At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)
>

> Not that I can see either. Hope others that is doing swedish
> translations sees this and makes them heard so I don't
> duplicate effort.
>

> Oops, looks like I spoke too fast...
>
> There was at least one submission this year from somebody called
> Jonathan in this ticket:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8229
>
> Looks like his email address might be mythtv at comhem.se
> <mailto:mythtv at comhem.se> ...
>
> You might wish to contact him to join effort on that translation...
>

> Yes, Jonatan is an active user who also submits good patches elsewhere
> in Myth. I believe he is also subscribed to this list. Hopefully he
> will speak up about any plans he might have for .24 translations.

That name rings a bell. Remember now that I saw that ticket.
Think I spoke to him on IRC too but we didn't exchange to many word. Now
atleast he knows where to find me. =)

Errors/warnings when running lupdate [ In reply to ]
On 2010-08-22 00:43, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
> Robert McNamara skrev 2010-08-22 00:34:
>> 2010/8/21 Nicolas Riendeau <knight at teksavvy.com
>> <mailto:knight at teksavvy.com>>
>>
>> Hi!
>>

>> On 8/21/2010 6:00 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>>
>> Nicolas Riendeau skrev 2010-08-21 23:33:
>>
>> On 8/21/2010 4:47 PM, Roger Mårtensson wrote:
>>
>> I thought I would take a stab at updating the swedish
>> translations
>>
>> Don't forget to check if there is already a maintainer (or
>> a team of
>>
>> maintainers) for it though...
>>
>> (At first glance there doesn't seem to be...)
>>

>> Not that I can see either. Hope others that is doing swedish
>> translations sees this and makes them heard so I don't
>> duplicate effort.
>>

>> Oops, looks like I spoke too fast...
>>
>> There was at least one submission this year from somebody called
>> Jonathan in this ticket:
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8229
>>
>> Looks like his email address might be mythtv at comhem.se
>> <mailto:mythtv at comhem.se> ...
>>
>> You might wish to contact him to join effort on that translation...
>>

>> Yes, Jonatan is an active user who also submits good patches elsewhere
>> in Myth. I believe he is also subscribed to this list. Hopefully he
>> will speak up about any plans he might have for .24 translations.

Thanks for the compliments =) I'll submit some more patches this week.

I just noticed that stuartm's changes in
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25778#file1 are not properly
handled by lupdate. It seems that passing disambiguation = NULL to
QObject::tr makes lupdate ignore the plural form. Passing
disambiguation = 0 or "" works as expected. I've attached a patch if
someone wants to try it.

I can create a ticket later if someone doesn't beat me to it, but now
it's time to watch some beach volleyball.

> That name rings a bell. Remember now that I saw that ticket.
> Think I spoke to him on IRC too but we didn't exchange to many word. Now
> atleast he knows where to find me. =)

Yup, that was me (natanojl in IRC). I was meaning to ask you for your
email address, but now I've got it =) I'll send you my patches later
and then we can discuss how to divide the work between us.

--
Jonatan