Mailing List Archive

What happened the translated XML f
Hi!

> Hi guys! Anyone knows why removed the translated rows from the earlier
> translated the menu's XML files? May these translations builted into the
> .ts files or any error?

They were recently removed by one of the MythTV devs since it's no longer a
supported way of doing it.

The strings that were translated that way are now extracted and put in
themestrings.h files and are later transferred, when you run lupdate, to
the .ts files where they can be translated using Qt Linguist (or manually).

As far as the translations themselves are concerned what was already
translated in these files has not been transferred to the .ts files as far
as I know so you have to re-translate them...

Have a nice day!

Nick
French language translation team and en_us maintainer
What happened the translated XML f [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 18 Aug 2010 15:38:21 Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
> They were recently removed by one of the MythTV devs since it's no longer a
> supported way of doing it.

That would be me.

> As far as the translations themselves are concerned what was already
> translated in these files has not been transferred to the .ts files as far
> as I know so you have to re-translate them...

It wasn't practical to transfer the old translations. However they can still
be found here if someone wants to copy and paste into linguist:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-23-
fixes/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-23-
fixes/mythtv/themes/classic

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-23-
fixes/mythtv/themes/DVR
--
Stuart Morgan
What happened the translated XML f [ In reply to ]
Hi Stuart!

On 8/18/2010 2:44 PM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 Aug 2010 15:38:21 Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>> They were recently removed by one of the MythTV devs since it's no longer a
>> supported way of doing it.
>
> That would be me.

guilty as charged? (-;

(I'm kidding here... I'm referring here to my post of this morning in
which I said about myself that I was "guilty as charged"...)

>> As far as the translations themselves are concerned what was already
>> translated in these files has not been transferred to the .ts files as far
>> as I know so you have to re-translate them...
>
> It wasn't practical to transfer the old translations. However they can still
> be found here if someone wants to copy and paste into linguist:

<snip>

It would not have been easy to do and might have caused more harm than
good if the string had been already present in the .ts file but with a
different translation.

I was tempted (once I got home) to refer the OP to the changeset in
question (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/25638) to get the old
translations but because of character set issues it's not quite readable...

Have a nice day!

Nick